Main beam/DRL not working after bulb swap

Hi guys 

ive been wanting to change my DRL's on my rapid since getting it thinking they were abit yellowish and dim. So surfing the net and looking at the current bulbs told me they were H15's. so i went an bought some mtech H15's that im sure should work 

so i install the right hand side bulb and all is well.... key in ignition no DRL on the right side but left is fine so i turn main beam on and all the rest of the bulbs in the lamp are working just not the one i replaced so i try the other new bulb .....no joy! So i replace the old and to my surprise thats also not working now either and when i then the engine over i get a warning to check the right hand DRL! 

I dont know much about cars to begin but surely it shouldnt be this hard, i had changed my H7s with ease the other day no issues...... is anybody able to offer any advice or point me in the right direction ??? 

Both bulbs worked prior to the replacement 

Al I can suggest is to look at the wires and ensure they have not been damaged when you changed the bulb. Also not sure if the cluster is the same but if it has a main incoming connection make sure this is still fully seated.

John

Well short and sweet and some determination it turns out the socket that you twist it out of had lifted higher when i took it out in the first instance 

but both bukbs in and working no issues ha 

false alarm stand down 

cheers jjc going out to check cables etc made me check again :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Those H15s and the arrangement of the sockets are a nightmare. Swapping the bulbs is murder. I broke the connector off my Rapid.
Bloody stupid thing.

Shamefacedly returned to the dealer with a self-broken, 2-week-old Rapid, which they kindly fixed FoC.

I was thinking i would have to do the same walk of shame but i got lucky. You are right though i think the entire light cluster especially near the battery is a nightmare for someone like me with sausage fingures to access but i suppose atleast i dont have to take the bumper off 

looks a million times better with the whiter bulbs. 

6 hours ago, Northy91 said:

looks a million times better with the whiter bulbs. 

What did you use? How are the high=beams? The ones I tried were so poor on high-beam as to be dangerous.

for the H7's i used Osram nightbreaker laser picked em up of amazon for £12 and the H15's i used a cheaper brand called MTEC super white, i wasnt holding out much hope for the MTEC's being any good but i was pleseantly surprised  with the results better then the yellow bulbs 

• Like 1