Start of my Skoda journey

Hlywd

Hi all

Just placed the order on my new VRS 245 DSG estate last night in black magic. 

To be honest I was all set to buy the Golf R estate before popping into Skoda to check out the 'cheaper option' just to tick off the list before I bought another VW. 

Turns out I found the Vrs to be a more complete option for me and actually made me smile to drive.... Yep even saving a few grand in the process. 

Anyway I am new to forums in general but thought I'd join this one as it seems like a great place to ask questions and see pictures of other great Skodas. 

Thanks

• Like 1

welcome Hlywd.. interesting to choose over R? I am thinking of my next car.. although not an estate was probably looking at the R to replace my S3... the 245 will be one on the possible list

Yes I didn't like the rear of the R in estate version plus the 4 exhaust tips only 2 of them do anything, the other two will remain clean which is naff. The R hatch is a dream car but just didn't fit enough In it for me with 2 kids. I drove the Vrs 230 and loved it, more than enough power for me in reality plus it really suits its shell, the estate looks neat and aggressive. Will probably plasti dip the Skoda badges to make it pure black on the car too.  All in all the 245 should be even better.  You know other things about dealing with Skoda too, the sales team are just nicer to deal with and not jack the lads. The VW garage I was dealing with didn't even come back to me with a final quote even when I told them I'm on the cusp of ordering from Skoda. 

Here's to a long Skoda relationship I say. 

11 hours ago, Hlywd said:

Yes I didn't like the rear of the R in estate version plus the 4 exhaust tips only 2 of them do anything, the other two will remain clean which is naff.

the exhaust on the R is the same as mine on the S3, I can guarantee they are all used dependent on what driving mode your in...  I have spent enough time cleaning all of mine :) 

7 hours ago, lozparry said:

the exhaust on the R is the same as mine on the S3, I can guarantee they are all used dependent on what driving mode your in...  I have spent enough time cleaning all of mine :) 

The R hatch maybe the same as the S3 but the estate R is different I think, read owners complaining about this on the estate on vw forums and also there are youtube videos saying the same thing. S3 sounds incredible, slightly deeper than the R in tone in my opinion. 

8 hours ago, JED said:

Hello Hlywd welcome to the Skoda forum good to have you with us you made a good choice lot a car for the money and a badge .:)

Thank you! Yes I am very confident I am going to be in love with the vrs 245!! 

11 hours ago, lozparry said:

• Like 1