First Main Dealer experiance

Right i'll summarise this before i go on

Useless(2)

i phoned the dealer this morning to enquire about a bonnet stay clip.

I know as soon as i explained what i wanted, the person on the other end, didnt have an clue.

I'll pass you over to parts........  oh sorry cant do that they said,  the person who is parts, is busy,   can i get them to phone you back ..

3:30 as i'm leaving work   no phone call .... no **** sherlock!   

so i called in ... 

After standing for 10 minutes whilst parts totally ignored me,  service offered to help by passing me to parts, who only then showed interest!

After explaining i wanted a coolant sensor O ring and a bonnet clip, parts took my reg No and immidiatly withoult looking anywhere, told me they didnt have the parts.

I explained the o ring was a common part and should be stock ...they went to work....

We cant help they announced, your cars too old and not on the system ... 

WTF? 

Ok can you look for the sensor on another  model explaining it's a common part ...... blank stares ....

Ok can i have a litre of G13 coolant....  

Off they went only to come back with the offer of 5 litres,  by this time the H2NCONH2  was starting to boil, and i told them not to bother and left. 

I crossed the road and walked into the VW dealer, and asked for parts... 

What a revelation..  The parts person was an enthusiast,  found my car on the system ,  had a O ring and coolant in stock, and was explaining about the change from black top to green top coolant sensors 

and higlighting what models it was / is used on.

Looks like i'm going back there tommorow for a sensor!

Mart

Sadly your dealer experience is woefully different to mine (Sherlodge/Motorline in Kent). They have always been very helpful across the three Skodas that I've had. (Felicia Fun and 2 MKII Octavias) I think it helps that they sold the Fun in the first place, and were enthusiastic to see it "come home" again. There's a couple of guys in the service/parts dept that are enthusiasts too.

Sadly, not all dealers are the same, and by some considerable margin too. :(

As for the car being "too old" such are the joys of runnning old cars.....there's only so much support you can get from the dealers, and once parts are gone, they're gone. (e.g the bumpers on the Funs, have been out of stock for over 10 years)

Edited by RainbowFire