Diagnostic software ...

Any ideas what diagnostic software works with the Felicia?

I's got an OBDII  socket, but that dosent mean anything these days

I tried Vagcom & Vagcom lite,  they can see there's stuff there but  wont commnicate with the car, 

They reccomend trying calling modules directly, but i cant seen to solicit any response. 

My other software wont comminicate at all even with the scanner, which is strange, as it see's the Scoob, Nissan & Seat

I'm not to worried about whats there, my guessing its ony going to be  Fueling & Lambda functions.  

Interstingy there dosent appear to be a CEL function on the dash during startup    too early prehaps

Mart

VagCom should work with the Felicia, I use it with mine successfully.  I've got a 1.3MPI with an OBDII socket, and I just use a standard USB - OBDII adaptor cable.  The only control modules that you can connect to are 01-Engine, and 15-Airbags if you have them fitted.

Remember that the ignition needs to be switched on (dashboard lights on, engine doesn't have to be running) for the ECU to be communicated with.  

You can read/clear fault codes, and measure a bunch of the different sensors in groups of four.  For the MPI ECU there is a copy of the workshop manual here which tells you which sensors can be measured and what the fault codes mean.

If memory serves, the Felicia uses K-line for it's diagnostics (pre-CANBus). Not all VCDS cables support K-Line. (It was cheaper to buy it without that component, so many people who update their settings on CAN-only cars didn't bother with the older cables. Mine's Micro-Can, for example, and so doesn't support Felicia, but does support the Octavias I've had.)

The current cable (Hex V2) says it does support K-Line....

http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/interfaces.php

....although it *may* need an adapter, according to the site.

Failing that, you'd have to try and find an older one for sale......

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/old-interfaces/huc.php

I have 2 cables - both FDTI based if i recall 

There the ELM 327 type,

I think i have a bluetooth version somewhere as well. 

I know it talks to the NIssan, Scooby & Saab, (and that was a right mishmash of protocol's)

It wouldnt do the Seat i had, but that was the 4 pin serial type plug  - so no easy way.

I'll check them out again,  if not i'm going shopping again :)