Replacing Rear Reflector

Hello,

To my huge frustration I gently pranged my Superb on the drive today, fortunately the only damage is a broken nearside rear reflector! 

Does anyone have advice or experience they can share about replacing reflectors on a MK3. I don't want to cause more damage when fitting a replacement. 

Neal

Hi Nermaloids, Just had to change my o/s/rear thanks to someone giving the rear a bang, you should be able to access the reflector where the exhaust aperture is, use a pair of pliers to squeeze two prongs on the back of the reflector together and push outwards once loose at one side the rest should come out really easily. there will be no damage to the paintwork, hope this helps or am I to late and you've completed the job.   

Thanks for the top tips @knightowl2. I'm still waiting for the part to arrive so yet to start the job.

How did you access the prongs via the aperture? Did you lie on the floor?

@silver1011 thanks for the video, it is similar part on the MK3 Superb. The extraction process in the video looks a little forced, hopefully @knightowl2's approach is more civilized. 

Nermaloids

Hi Nermaloids, Had to lie down on the ground to get to the reflector, you will need a torch and a pair of pliers to squeeze the two prongs together and push outwards, once its loose the rest should come away quite easily. couple of pictures below so can see what I mean about the prongs, one of the pictures isn't great but it gives you an idea what your looking for.

Your best bet would be to try for the prong nearest to the boot or middle of the car then get your fingernails under the reflector and hey presto job done, the new one just snaps into place.  

IMG_0652.JPG

IMG_0651.JPG

Hi Nermaloids  my pleasure, Happy to help out a fellow Skoda owner, Had you tried removing the reflector from the front you would have damaged the paint work which you wanted to avoid HAPPY TO HELP Really glad you got it done so fast. Take it car looks good again, nothing more annoying than minor damage.