Issues with enabling HBA on Superb L&K

drewellis

Hi,

I decided to make a new thread for my question, I know there are lots of VCDS threads flying around but they are so long I'm struggling to find the solution to my problem...

Yesterday with the help of my friend who has a VCDS cable I managed to enable a load of different things which are great, including TSR, off-road display, rear DRLs, auto fan speed display, disable tailgate beep, fuel refill quantity display, display driving mode on maxi-dot, changed the "warm white" ambient light to red, and throttle response changed to "AUDI" mode.

I'd like to be able to close the boot lid from the button inside, but I'm aware this can only be done with VCP and not VCDS so I'll have to wait for that one :)

The thing that's really bugging me is the HBA - we couldn't get it to work. The guide in the main VCDS thread says the following:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Activating High beam assist

Controller 09 - Central Electronics

16 - Security Access - enter 31347

10 - Adaptations

Go to:

(2) Assistant light functions - Menu light assistant         

Change to Present

07 - Coding 

Byte 3, Bit 2 aanvinken

Controller A5 (Front / front view camera)

07 - Coding

Byte 21

Change to  High Beam Assist or change to "20"

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/368574-vcds-options-on-superb-iii/?p=4629235

According to djduese you also need to change:

Controller 09 - Central Electronics

07 - Coding

Byte 2 Bit 0-2. Change to 03

Edited 22 June, 2016 by Gizmo68 added info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The parts I've highlighted in Bold Green above we found and configured (and haven't changed back)

The part I've highlighted in Bold Red above we simply could not find, that Byte/Bit seemed to relate to something completely different, nothing to do with lights/camera (also not sure what it means, as "aanvinken" apparently just means "check"

The part I've highlighted in Bold Blue above seemed to already be configured - I think @Gizmo said in another thread that this is not needed on an L&K as it's already coded.

So I can't get HBA to work, no HBA settings have appeared in the Columbus settings menus, but I also don't have any Light Assist errors or anything, it's like I haven't changed a thing.

I've done a hard reset of the Columbus system (this was required before the off-road display worked)

Can anyone help me with this?

If at all relevant:

I think mine might be a late registered MY16 - it has a TV tuner which wasn't specced as an extra, and I believe they changed the standard spec for the 2016 model to not include TV as standard (turned into an £830 option :o)

It's a 16 plate that was delivered May 2016 but no idea what the build date was.

Cheers :)