VCDS options on Superb III

I don't know if you are able to say on this open forum, (if not - please ignore) - where would be the best place to get the updated 15.7.4 cable?

There are a couple of good UK suppliers for genuine VCDS cables:

http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VCHU.html

https://www.ilexa.co.uk/diagnostic-tools/vag-com-vcds.html

• Like 1

There are a couple of good UK suppliers for genuine VCDS cables:

http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VCHU.html

https://www.ilexa.co.uk/diagnostic-tools/vag-com-vcds.html

thanks Chaps. Just ordered one from Ilexa with a carry case. Bit more than I paid last time - think the older one was c.£110, but they said that could not be updated. At least the new one is 100% genuine so can be updated :)

Wife will go nuts but at least I've saved £958 on Skoda fitting the towbar, and only shelled out £560 by doing it myself with this new bit of kit.

• Like 1

Hello, I found this file on a German forum.
Some changes are not yet referenced here including closing of the sunroof with remote after the recall of Skoda.
It's in German but easy to understand with Google Trad.

It contains the VCDS codes of Otavia 3, Superb 3, Fabia 3, Rapid and more ...

Link : VCDS Codes in PDF

Source : http://www.skodacommunity.de/threads/codierungen-der-onenote-als-pdf-datei.107882/

• Like 1

Hi. I'm probably ordering a new S3 in the upcoming weeks and I would really appreciate some help with the following question in order to better decide how to spec it prior to the purchase.

In my home market (Spain) Skoda allows the buyer to order/spec separately Light Assist (High Beam control), Lane Assist, and Traffic Sign Recognition (depending on the trim level: Ambition/Style, similar to SE-SEL in UK).

It seems that all of them use the same multifunctional camera, being TSR the cheapest by far so my doubt is: would it be possible to spec the car only with TSR and then code the remaining functions (Lane Assist & Light/High Beam Assist) via VCDS (provided the car is also equipped with Amundsen or Columbus navi)?

Thanks in advance!

Hi. I'm probably ordering a new S3 in the upcoming weeks and I would really appreciate some help with the following question in order to better decide how to spec it prior to the purchase.

In my home market (Spain) Skoda allows the buyer to order/spec separately Light Assist (High Beam control), Lane Assist, and Traffic Sign Recognition (depending on the trim level: Ambition/Style, similar to SE-SEL in UK).

It seems that all of them use the same multifunctional camera, being TSR the cheapest by far so my doubt is: would it be possible to spec the car only with TSR and then code the remaining functions (Lane Assist & Light/High Beam Assist) via VCDS (provided the car is also equipped with Amundsen or Columbus navi)?

Thanks in advance!

Navigation unit is not important for Light Assist or Lane Assist, only for TSR.

It should be possibile to code them out, but it is not 100% sure, especially with current model year change.

thanks Chaps. Just ordered one from Ilexa with a carry case. Bit more than I paid last time - think the older one was c.£110, but they said that could not be updated. At least the new one is 100% genuine so can be updated :)

Wife will go nuts but at least I've saved £958 on Skoda fitting the towbar, and only shelled out £560 by doing it myself with this new bit of kit.

ordered this late Friday from Ilexa. Delivered first thing today. :)

now to spend a bit of time getting acquainted with it.

I did looked in the the roof problems but can put back on the comfort opening en closing but one problem still remains:

When comfort closing with the button in the car and switch the car off the roof still closing but when opening the door the roof stops.

i did it on a car wich was not modified and when opening the door en slam the door and lock the car the roof keeps on closing. something is shut off the roof when when modified and opening the door.  I did look in the long coding from 2 same cars and there where nog difference.tryed to found difference in adaption but nothing found what this wel accure. i think there must be some sunroof programming but there is no special sunroof module.

this it to put comfort back on :

(10)-Access control 2-SAD Richtung Komfortoeffnen tilting 

(11)-Access control 2-SAD Komfort schliessen active 

(12)-Access control 2-SAD Komfort oeffnen active 

I looked in the following rules but those are still the same after the recall

(29)-Access control 2-SAD PreCrash Konturschliessen active 

(30)-Access control 2-FH SAD Kl15Aus Freigabezeit 600 s

i tryed to put the following rule to not active because i thougt that was the problem about the sunroof when opening the door but it wasn't 

(13)-Access control 2-Freigabenachlauf FH bei Kl 15 aus active 

(14)-Access control 2-Freigabenachlauf FH bei Tueroeffnen abbrechen active 

Edited by Antera

Hello Guys,

I'm djduese from Germany. I'm the person, who has written the PDF of the VCDS Codes.

I have one Question. I have read here, that it is possible, to activate the High Beam Assist. 

Unfortunately, it doesn't work on german S3. How do you code it? 

Thanks for your help.

Greetings djduese

okay, received new VCDS from Ilexa yesterday. Done a few changes to my 65 plat SE-L Exec. - :

* the Off Road screen - worked fine.

* changed it so that the Eco/Normal/Sport mode shows in dotmatrix display - worked fine.

* changed startup screen to VRS - worked fine.

* included Oil Temp & Litre to full within dot matrix - worked fine.

* activated rear DRL's - worked fine.

Tried to change Throttle response to "Audi" - the coding went through okay, but I noticed no difference at all in either Eco/Normal or Sport mode. Not sure if I need to do anything else to activate this.

Activated Towbar installation in several places as advised above - but its still showing as "not Registered" with ETC error.

Since installing the Westfallia wiring loom behind the dash and piggybacking the BCM modules (plug and play my a*se!), the Acc will not function. The Auto Distance module has a malfunction and will not reset. It says the Sensor for Automatic Distance Regulation is incorrectly positioned. I've seen a few posts about this occurring on a Towbar install, but cannot see anything on how to reset it or make it work. Any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Guys,

I'm djduese from Germany. I'm the person, who has written the PDF of the VCDS Codes.

I have one Question. I have read here, that it is possible, to activate the High Beam Assist. 

Unfortunately, it doesn't work on german S3. How do you code it? 

Thanks for your help.

Greetings djduese

Willkommen. Gutes Englisch. Good PDF. For High Beam Assist, have you checked Gizmo's VCDS post here? It requires the forward facing camera to be fitted.

• Like 1

Thanks alot. Yes i read it in that post and have coded it that way, but doesn't work. Perhaps O have found the mistake. It looks like it could be in Controller 09 Byte 2 Bit 0. One German guy has activated it and than it works at his S3. The conditions that muss be satisfied, are known. Perhaps today i can try it again at the S3. It is not my car, so i can't test it  immediately.

@Gizmo great job. Your VCDS post is fantastic. Maybe I have some things for your list in my OneNote. It is online readable. Here is the link

okay, received new VCDS from Ilexa yesterday. Done a few changes to my 65 plat SE-L Exec. - :

* the Off Road screen - worked fine.

* changed it so that the Eco/Normal/Sport mode shows in dotmatrix display - worked fine.

* changed startup screen to VRS - worked fine.

* included Oil Temp & Litre to full within dot matrix - worked fine.

* activated rear DRL's - worked fine.

Tried to change Throttle response to "Audi" - the coding went through okay, but I noticed no difference at all in either Eco/Normal or Sport mode. Not sure if I need to do anything else to activate this.

Activated Towbar installation in several places as advised above - but its still showing as "not Registered" with ETC error.

Since installing the Westfallia wiring loom behind the dash and piggybacking the BCM modules (plug and play my a*se!), the Acc will not function. The Auto Distance module has a malfunction and will not reset. It says the Sensor for Automatic Distance Regulation is incorrectly positioned. I've seen a few posts about this occurring on a Towbar install, but cannot see anything on how to reset it or make it work. Any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance.

The throttle response is very subtle in my opinion, some owners notice a complete change, others not so. Perhaps it's not as noticeable on diesel vs petrol ??

When my towbar fitter installed mine, he also had the ACC error but knew how to code it out. Unfortunately I'm not party to know how he fixed it but he did!

Out of curiosity what does changing the startup screen to VRS give? Just a logo change?

The throttle response is very subtle in my opinion, some owners notice a complete change, others not so. Perhaps it's not as noticeable on diesel vs petrol ??

When my towbar fitter installed mine, he also had the ACC error but knew how to code it out. Unfortunately I'm not party to know how he fixed it but he did!

Out of curiosity what does changing the startup screen to VRS give? Just a logo change?

thanks for the reply. mines the 190 bhp diesel and I didn't notice much of a change.

i'll have to dig out a bit more info on the ACC error then.

Yes, just a Logochange - with VRS in red and green colours. A bit sportier than the standard skoda one. To get it to function (along with the offroad app) I had to press power on the satnav for 10 seconds to restart it after doing the coding.

• Like 1

I have found the problem. It was in Controller 09 Byte 2 Bit 0-2. That must be coded to 03. That was not listed in Gizmo's list. perhaps he could add it. 

Thanks, this is the only problem when you have not personally done the coding, all the S3’s I have done so far have been L&K’s where this was already coded.

I have added the above info into my post.

• Like 1

Do any VCDS gurus know whether there is an option in the coding to disable the internal electric tailgate switch when trailer and lighting board is connected?

I've had a towbar fitted and coding done - this was done via a reputable fitter but the coding was completed through a handheld Westfalia device and not through a dedicated VCDS platform, although I suspect the handheld uses an abridged version of VCDS to complete.

All the other coding works ok - disables parking sensors, disable car fog light etc but I would like the tailgate opening facility disabled from inside, just prevents any accidents when the bike rack is on.

Do any VCDS gurus know whether there is an option in the coding to disable the internal electric tailgate switch when trailer and lighting board is connected?

@Coops Sorry, my english is not so good. Did i understand it right, you want, that the tailgate don't open, if a trailer is connected?

Edited by djduese

@Coops Sorry, my english is not so good. Did i understand it right, you want, that the tailgate don't open, if a trailer is connected?

Yes. If a trailer is connected I want the internal tailgate switch to be deactivated.

I'd prefer to prevent any accidents from inside the car - opening the tailgate will cause it to hit the bikes on my tow bar mounted carrier.

This is in Controller 6D in adaptions.

login for 6D is: 12345

than in Adaptions

In german, they are called:

this is for opening with key remote:

(2)-Deaktivierung der Heckklappe im Anhängerbetrieb-Funkfernbedienung-Öffnen m. Taster für Heckklappenentriegelung,nicht aktiv

this must be the switch internal

(11)-Deaktivierung der Heckklappe im Anhängerbetrieb-Öffnen mit Taster für Fernentriegelung der Heckklappe

I've not tested it, so please test it before ;-)

Edited by djduese
  • Like 1

I am going to get my car in a few weeks time and want to do some VCDS activations. I find the local dealer and got price for the Ross Tech Hex-Can and Hex-Net. i think i will choose Hex -Can.

My problem is, i will have the bi xenon headlights on the L&K but even the dealer cant confirm me if have light assist or the smart light assist functions. On web site i see the pictures they put have 7 stripes in addition to DRL but i dont see the test drive car had these light up.

To activate lane assist  i read that there should be a camera on the windshield.  Can anyone show me a picture of it. i want to check if i will have that camera.

Thanks 

Hello All,

Im in Australia with a 2016 built (jan) Superb 3 190TDI Combi.

I have coded everything that is possible, but cannot get the Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR) to Work.

It codes everything properly but then states that no data is available on the MFD

Can anyone on this forum tell me if i missed something, or even better, if anyone is Australia has succeeded get this done, even if on a Octavia 3 would be helpful.

Just thinking that it may be a regional thing with mapping data or something

GIZMO68, can you shed any light??

Thanks

Heath

Edited by dec76

Do you have speed limit sign on the sat nav?

I get the same message whilst parked on my drive, but as soon as I enter the road the TSR works OK.

Do you have speed limit sign on the sat nav?

I get the same message whilst parked on my drive, but as soon as I enter the road the TSR works OK.

Yes i do have it on the left hand side of nav screen ordinarily, but when TSR is coded it obviously disappears.

Been for a drive of about 30 KM on normal roads, motorways and expressways, but nothing