Thermostat or K-seal?

Hello all. Need some council... also perhaps interesting case.

Would much appreciate another voice to the one in my head!

referring to this post.

Basically they fixed the waterpump, £500 but then the car is still losing water but only at high speeds.

Drove the length of Wales in it on A-roads, no problem then when it went on the M53 for an hour, the light came on and the water tank was empty.

Obviously the fear is that is the head gasket. If it's that I think I just want to give up on it. Or put K-seal in and see what that does.

The dealers don't know what is wrong with it at all. They've pressure tested it, driven it round at high revs, it's not losing water now.

They said the only thing they'd try is the thermostat. Quoted £100 to get it fitted, flush it a few times (some rust in the engine I think from previous owner running it w a leak).

If car had been run at high temperatures that could have caused the thermostat to break and would be putting the engine under pressure at high temperatures, then it could lose water through the core/cap.

Oil etc show no sign of core damage. It does seem like the expansion tank seems v pressurized even at normal usage.

After that, if that doesn't work, they said get rid of it. I just bought it. So that's actual doom!

I think I'll do thermostat and flush it, if it still leaks put K-seal in,

and then if that doesn't work, sell it on.  Any advances on that?!

Get them first to check the seal in the header tank cap. When they did the pressure test they would have replaced this with the test equipment so a faulty seal would not have been tested.