Skoda jersey

mattshaw

Hi folks,

I have been after one of these jerseys for ages, I finally got my hands on one today. I found them initially on the Skoda website in the merchandise catalogue, and also in the Skoda e-shop. But I couldn't purchase from either of those sites. I approached my local skoda dealer who have a very friendly/helpful parts desk. I gave them the product code, but they were unable to buy them. They told me they are not available in the UK!

So after much searching I finally found an eBay trader in the Czech republic. It worked out at £46.35 taking only one week to arrive. result. Initial thoughts are that it is very good quality. The zip is concealed and smooth. The sizing is accurate (I used their size guide), there is non slip grip on the hem and sleeves and some nice discreet fluorescent silver touches.

I've not worn it on a ride yet though, so time will tell.

anyway, I'm well chuffed.

They also threw in two skoda decals for my bike. 

link to eBay shop here - I would recommend them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/matveh?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

IMG_0699.JPG

IMG_0700.JPG

• Like 1

Bickertons in Sheffield had some of the cycling kit in their showroom when I was in there last week.  

SWMBO was dragging me away from buying a Superb 4x4 & I was dragging my son away from trying to buy the cycling clothing.  Both of us left empty handed :sadsmile:

Edited by DarkPeakCycles

20 hours ago, DarkPeakCycles said:

Bickertons in Sheffield had some of the cycling kit in their showroom when I was in there last week.  

SWMBO was dragging me away from buying a Superb 4x4 & I was dragging my son away from trying to buy the cycling clothing.  Both of us left empty handed :sadsmile:

Yeah, Bickertons is my local dealer. They have one jersey on display in the showroom, but none in stock for sale! They were very helpful though, pointing me to the Skoda e-shop. Although in the end they couldn't supply one.

Just a quick update. I've worn this jersey for a couple of rides now, including a lovely 30km ride home through the Peak District yesterday. It is a lovely fit. Long arms and the gel grip trim stop it riding up under your pits. In fact the grip strip on the arms is very wide, the width of the green trim.

The three rear pockets are pretty standard and easily swallowed all my usual gear - phone, mini pump, keys, banana and a cash bag. The colours are a personal thing, but I love it, bottle green and black.

The front zip is a half zip, which I am OK with. It is concealed very well, you cannot see it at all when zipped up. 

Everything about this jersey feels and looks good. It is excellent quality. I normally wear Castelli and howies gear, and this compares favourably with these brands for quality.

The only negative is that there is no secret/secure pocket. I quite like a small zip pocket for car keys and cash.

So, i would recommend this item, and i would buy another.

I'm still waiting for a horn of approval from a Skoda driver though!

Cheers guys.