Goodbye mk1 octy vrs, hello superb ii elegance cr170

After a year and a half of driving my mk1 octavia (loved every minute) its time to get something a little less lairy and slighlty nore sopisticated :tongueout: found a mint 2009 superb elehgence 170 on 22000 miles for a bargain price and i just couldn't resist! After letting a low mileage v6 go to someone else recently due to house purchase i wasnt going to let it slip past me!! So a week today i will be driving drom down south back up to north wales in my new limo:biggrin:  so if anyone is after a cheap mk1 octavia (red) give me a shout! Thanks guys

You'll certainly notice a step up from a MkI Octavia to a MkII Superb.

Have I read that right? 22,000 miles in 8 years? That's either less than 3,000 miles a year (lots of very short journey's) or very infrequent longer trips (being stood idle for prolonged periods).

Whilst that might seem appealing be careful, modern diesels do not like not being used. Get the car scanned with VCDS to check for EGR or DPF related fault codes.

The Elegance is the spec to go for, lots of toys, enjoy!

• Like 3

Plus 1 for what Silver 1011 says about the egr and dpf.

When I bought my mind 1 Superb L&K it had also been sat there (disposal of estate) and on a test ride it went into limp mode. I bought it but ensured that a dealer had corrected the problem then reset/cleared the faults.

Good luck.

Edited by Danny 57
  • Like 1

Congrats on the new car, well done. It sounds like a find.

That said, I'd also recommend that you follow the advice of silver1011 and Danny57. Even if it wasn't diesel, I'd get any older, really low miles car fully inspected.  You want the benefits of low mileage but not any avoidable risks of age and/or lack of use. 

If it is just a 3000 mile a year car - it might be a good idea to tell us what engine, gearbox etc you have, if the timing belt was done (because of age, not mileage...) etc. 

• Like 3

Thanks for replies! Yeah 22000 miles, one previous owner before the garage was an elderly chap! Been over serviced by a main dealer no expense spared!I never really thought such a low mileage might not be a good thing?! Cr170 with a manual box, ive never been a fan of automatics and read the dsg boxes can an expensive fix! Looking forward to the luxury inside a world apart from octavia! Thanks again guys

i bought my Superb 2010 so cheap that since i got both EGR and DPF replaced it was still a sweeeeet deal..... just have to calculate those expenses into the price for the car