'Plastic mushroom' breather valve broken

soakins

Hello all

Took my daughter out to change the oil in our Yeti 1.2TSi, and found there was quite a lot of oil sprayed about under there!

Eventually we discovered that a little mushroom-shaped plastic valve which connects the cam cover to a breather pipe from the air cleaner housing was flapping loose.

On further inspection, the little mushroom is clearly broken off at the 'pipe stub' which attaches to the engine end. It looks like it's just a push-fit into a rubber grommet thing in a hole in the top/back of the cam cover, but I expect it's left half an inch of itself in that hole. 

So, a new one was obtained, but I can't see quite how to fit it, because the hard, black, flattish plastic pipe that takes compressed air from the turbo to the throttle body runs right over the top of it's location. How do I get that turbo intake air pipe off? It has a collar at the turbo end, that's easy to remove, with two torx screws into the plastic, and the other (throttle body) end looks easy, as it seems to have two clippy 'levers' that you can pop open to either side, but I still couldn't lift it off. There are four torx screws at that throttle body end, but I started to get afraid that the hold more than just the plastic air pipe, and that I'd separate something for which I would need a new gasket or something, or that I wouldn't be able to reach to put back on. I was in a hurry that day...

Is there a trick, or a right way?  thanks in advance. Sorry I don't know the proper names of any of the parts!

Sam