Mud flaps

• 5 months later...

Here is a picture of the SportLine mudflaps (top in the picture). The fronts look to be the same as the regular non-SportLine flaps, the rears have shrunk to make them look more sporty, but no doubt a whole lot less effective.

The ones at the bottom of the picture are some non-genuine flaps off eBay...

1474824190_SportLineMudflaps.thumb.jpg.453a2cf63475fe7378531178cd1264c8.jpg

* picture sourced off Skoda Kodiaq UK Facebook page.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

@silver1011 do you have any hints or tips for doing this little mudflap 'alteration'? I ordered my mudflaps 6 months ago and the front set have been riding around in the boot since then, while I worked up the nerve to melt a hole in them :biggrin:. Did you find a good way of marking the area to be cut, and what sort of tool would you recommend? (for fitting over running boards, just to be clear!) Thanks :-) 

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/01/2021 at 15:15, Teir said:

@silver1011 do you have any hints or tips for doing this little mudflap 'alteration'? I ordered my mudflaps 6 months ago and the front set have been riding around in the boot since then, while I worked up the nerve to melt a hole in them :biggrin:. Did you find a good way of marking the area to be cut, and what sort of tool would you recommend? (for fitting over running boards, just to be clear!) Thanks :-) 

Unfortunately it was all a bit Heath Robinson. I lined the mudflaps up on the car and used a pencil to mark where the leading edge of the running boards met the back of the mudflaps. I then used a soldering iron to pierce through the mudflap and simply followed the pencil line. A little messy but the plastic melted in such away that the edges were smooth and rounded (matching the contour of the soldering iron) so it didn't look too bad in the end.

I've since invested in a Dremel which came with a large range of cutting attachments, which if in the same position again I'd probably choose over my botch! :D 

• Thanks 1

Glad I just have a plain SEL. Finally got round to fitting the rear flaps that the dealer delivered last summer.

Silly me forgot about them when I did the winter wheel swap last month, but a short tool let me access the screws ok.

DA17B7DA-EB23-432F-A292-129DBE667E0A.jpeg

D32D081D-4513-47D4-AA85-C25EBAD2548D.png

1F42E5F7-D238-49D3-8CDD-12B812925243.jpeg

9664D3D4-61C2-4393-BD7A-CE67E5CBBD95.jpeg

1 hour ago, BoxerBoy said:

Glad I just have a plain SEL. Finally got round to fitting the rear flaps that the dealer delivered last summer.

Silly me forgot about them when I did the winter wheel swap last month, but a short tool let me access the screws ok.

DA17B7DA-EB23-432F-A292-129DBE667E0A.jpeg

D32D081D-4513-47D4-AA85-C25EBAD2548D.png

1F42E5F7-D238-49D3-8CDD-12B812925243.jpeg

9664D3D4-61C2-4393-BD7A-CE67E5CBBD95.jpeg

I fitted both front and rears.

Rears easy as only have to remove screws and fit the mud flap using the existing holes and new screws, with the fronts, you have to drill a hole and fit a plug fastener, bottom inside fastener, not just replace screws, although some people have said they didn't drill the hole and the front mug flaps seem nice and secure without it.

Yes the car needs a wash :biggrin:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Edited by Billywizzo