AC problem

Gaje

I own a Skoda fabia 2010 model. For the past 6 months, the AC works intermittently.

After the engine is started, the AC will turn ON and will run for 10  mins or 20 mins or sometimes till it is turned OFF.

It trips after 10mins and again to turn ON, the vehicle has to restarted. There is no regular pattern on when the AC will work.

Service center is not able to fix the problem. Any suggestion from any of you on this type of problem ?

I had a similar problem in an earlier owned car - don't remember which- that was cured by filling up the coolant system.

But if your shop is run by professionals that shouldn't be the problem, of course.

Btw, try repost in the MkII section, as a 2010 Fabia cannot be a MkIII ;)

Edited by pfaff

Well, I'd hope that if you have paid a service center for carrying out diagnostic checks, that they have provided you with what they found and/or what faults have been logged. With AC a proper service center would fit a fridge manifold on and record running pressures as well as quantifying its performance further by recording the ambient temperature and the temperature of the air coming out of the centre vents. By doing that, at least they could say that there were no logged system faults and the system, when running, was working as intended and the condenser fan was controlling the gas pressure by dumping heat as and when needed.

Edited by rum4mo

Hi, I replied to the other post you made about the same issue. Is the system climatic, (Standard air-con) Or the digital climatronic type? This has automatic functions and a speed selector that has around seven digital settings, not the normal four switch settings for fan speed!

I ask as this can make a huge difference to the fault, potentially.