YETI AND SMARTGATE

GMT13

Hi All,

I have just picked up my new Yeti SE Drive and I am having issues with my iPhone and SmartGate ( want to use the Skoda Apps for vehicle performance etc), so can anyone help me with the following:

1) Is there a good set of instructions for using Smartgate and how you connect the Iphone

2) Do you need to download Smartgate App the iPhone, if so where can I get it, not obvious on Skoda or Applestore

3) Where do I find the password

Thanks in advance

Graham

I think the Skoda dealer will enter the code if you are paying for it if not paid for and activated when the car was built and the infotainment system is compatible with it.

Smartgate and smartlik are perhaps the only extras you can add easily after delivery, at a cost.

Indded my dealer activated smartlink on delivery as they had a special offer on, and less than the factory order cost. Not sure it was worth it though as maps are pointless if you have abuilt in satnav, and I am not supposed to stream music with company supplied phone. It doesnt seem to do much else of interest.

Smartgate seemed pointless. Arent there plugs you can buy and put in the connection port to give all this info cheaper to your phone via blutoth or wifi?

Thanks all, turns out my car does not have Smartcard, it does have Smartlink.

Anyone know the cost for adding Smartcard.

Thanks

Graham

1 hour ago, GMT13 said:

Thanks all, turns out my car does not have Smartcard, it does have Smartlink.

Anyone know the cost for adding Smartcard.

Thanks

Graham

I take it you mean Smartgate.
Are you aware of what data it sends to your phone?

the code for Smart Gate is on the windscreen - after putting it change it immediately to your own password. I didn´t do it and it sends info to my iPad but I can´t connect to it or use it as a link . I have to reset it to factory settings

1 hour ago, lomalla said:

the code for Smart Gate is on the windscreen - after putting it change it immediately to your own password. I didn´t do it and it sends info to my iPad but I can´t connect to it or use it as a link . I have to reset it to factory settings

And where is it on the windscreen?

That is the factory password - I remember have used the whole that starts TMB but in manual is that it is only the six last digits. But in every case one have personalize it.

If I've got this right, you are saying that to get Smartgate to work all you need to do is in-put the whole of the VIN when asked for the password?

Or are you saying you just use the last 6 digits?

In my Yeti the Smart Gate sends data all the time to my iPad, I succeeeded to establish the connection but because I did not change the password at once, i don't get a connection to work from my side.  I hope to get it factory settings next week. Then I know by doing the factory password. Before that I am not sure

The factory password is the one that starts TMB, but now I also started the web page and changed there the password. Letters, numbers and ?-sign.  What the six last digits the manual says are for I don't know

46 minutes ago, lomalla said:

The factory password is the one that starts TMB

It's not a password, it's a Vehicle Identification Number, VIN.
Every vehicle produced has its own unique number.
The link below shows what it means and how to read it.
http://researchmaniacs.com/VIN/VIN-Decoder.html

• Like 1