wet passenger floor

Ok guys, a little advice needed from some of the more tuned in members than myself :biggrin: .. My mk1 always has a little bit of surface water on the passenger side carpet, and sometimes in the rear too.. I've had the scuttle off and checked the drains behind the pollen filter, everything is tiptop there.. When it lay at work for a few days this week, I came back to the same on the front carpet. and I noticed it seemed to be lying on the inner sill..

On slightly closer inspection, it seems to be coming from the underside of the actual passenger door, where the door panel meets the inner skin... Is this actually possible?? I cant seem to see any drain holes on the door!! Maybe I just haven't looked hard enuf yet. Any advice, as usual, would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks..

Opti..

They do suffer with the door membranes failing and leaking. If there is water on top of the door seal and running inside it will be the door membrane. The fix is to remove the door panel and re-seal the membrane with silicone and duct tape. There is a thread on here somewhere as to how to rectify it.

Edited by Guest
Addition

Mine was doing this, scuttle was ok but the seal under the pollen filter hosing had failed (had been moved by previous owner) so a wadge of tiger seal and its been bone dry since. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, simspj said:

They do suffer with the door membranes failing and leaking. If there is water on top of the door seal and running inside it will be the door membrane. The fix is to remove the door panel and re-seal the membrane with silicone and duct tape. There is a thread on here somewhere as to how to rectify it.

You were on the money.. I took off the door panel, and there was no membrane at all, obviously removed years ago, prior to my time owning it.. I'm not gonna have the time to get at it properly until next week, but ill have to get it sorted... cause bloody awful steaming up on the windows lol...

Thnx again :thumbup: