Rev counter and speedo needles flickering?

mackian

Driving today in the rain with the lights on, noticed the illuminated speedo and rev counter needles were flickering on and off. the back ground light seemed fine, fiddled with the dimmer control , didnt make any diference, strange as it was only the two needles going on and off, anyone else had this? aany suggestions what it is?

I had exactly the same as this when I got my vRS last month, took it back to the dealer the next day who confirmed it.

Stopped doing it the day before it was booked in to be looked at and hasnt happened since.

Dealer says the unit is sealed so if it happens again will need replaced.

• 1 year later...

I have had my 55 plate vRS less than a week and my Speedo and rev counter needles have started flickering also. I was hoping it was a dodgy connection that could easily be fixed. Guess I will have to take it in to get the unit replaced if it is sealed?

Any updates as to how you got it sorted?

Mine fixed itself and hasnt done it since.

Just take it to the dealer as it will be under warranty, take a video of it happening on a camera phone and show it to them as these type of intermittent things have a habit of not doing it when you want it to.