Thinking of replacing my vRS with another

I've owned my vRS mk1 for the last 10 years and now feel it maybe time for a change. I've looked long and hard at various options aiming for a similar size car which is both fairly quick and economical and a bit of a wolf in sheeps clothing but so far haven't found much. It seems as if manufacturers have gotten very silly in the last few years and started making big cars. Even the smaller economical ones tend to be a bit underpowered.

What are you thoughts on buying another vRS? i located one for sale in Wales on auto trader which is up for about £5k and it is done 26,000 miles. Using carzana could see last owner bought it in may this year, did about 3k miles and now it selling it. Should i be suspicious of low mileage ones?

Have also looked at the mk2 vRS but heard negative things about it including Skoda ceasing production due to engine oil consumption issues with it. What do you guys do when you've owned your mk 1 vRS for so long and want to/have to replace it with something similar? it seems theres an absolute dirth of talent out there. I have no interest in bigger vehicles like BMW 1 series, ford focus or the huge vehicles produced by Nissan or Mitsubishi. I find it ridiculous that in such a tiny country such as England with a poor road infrastructure that people actually think its clever to purchase vehicles so large.

• Like 1

I have had my VRS for 8 years and have no plans to replace it, all I do if I start to get a bit bored with it is upgrade something on it to make is a bit nicer.

You did not say if yours is standard, if it is get a remap, get a brake upgrade, get a rear anti-roll bar, upgrade the radio etc etc the list goes on and on.

No point replacing it for the sake of it, why not make it a nicer car to be in with a few subtle upgrades?

• 5 weeks later...