Conversion 120 to 130RS?

Krtek

Hello,

I have a 120 that I'd like to convert to an 130RS. Does anyone know a place where I can at least get a listing of the components?

I can speak Czech fine, I just can't seem to come across anywhere where I can see what's involved. 

Thanks in advance! 

Most LRs were virtually standard bodily except for the rear birdbath spoiler. If you want the wide body EVO kit then they are available in CZ but a lot of places won't post things like that due to the chance of damage. A lot of Czech firms are also not interested in exporting and don't accept debit or credit cards. Try this lot...

http://www.ksmotorsport.cz/?page_id=30

This lot also do it but I am pretty confident they won't post abroad 

http://www.mkkosa.cz/ambitioncar/body-kity-sady/

Edited by petergarforth

Then you will need lots and lots of money.....gear kits are available from TYM motorsport for a couple of thousand £. Engine wise you won't be able to get a real LR cylinder head. The best you'll do is a 136 engine (Favorit or early Felicia but there are pit falls as some are not entirely compatible).....and then you need to tune it if you want it to go like an LR.......and that will cost another thousand or 2 at least. Suspension is relatively easy......if you just want it to look decent and go ok then gas shocks and springs are available in the UK. If you really want it to handle then you need a set of LR rear arms, hubs welded turrets etc etc. 

5 hours ago, MotorsportFinland said:

TYM Motorsport, Kalmar Motorsport and of course speedpro.cz are the companies you should be checking at first. If you are building just a sportster not a competition car, things are more easier..

I deal with Speedpro often and they are quite easy to deal with and post to the UK but their range of old Skoda stuff is less than it used to be. TYM are quite difficult to deal with and often dont reply but they will post to the UK. I haven't dealt with Kalmar.  None of them have the body panels though. 

There is a fair bit of second hand stuff available in the UK......you just need to know where to find it. 

13 hours ago, petergarforth said:

TYM are quite difficult to deal with and often dont reply but they will post to the UK. I haven't dealt with Kalmar. 

What kind of problems has there been with TYM?

I think Kalmar is most likely the manufacturer of transmission parts for TYM, I have bought one set of dog box gears some time ago and the quality of parts is super good.