Buying a skoda fabia

I bought a 2005 vRS Fabia on Monday last week. Full service history with 10 months MOT (no advisories) and 96k on the clock. I have been to Cornwall and back which is a 700 mile round trip for me and covered 300 miles around town in a week and it never skipped a beat. All the electrics inside work and the engine is so smooth. I have also driven a 1.4mpi petrol which was also a really nice drive. I couldn't recommend the mk1 Fabia anymore. They are a Volkswagen Polo underneath so they are well built and have good reliability so go for it.

Hi, 

although we no longer own a Fabia we had both the 1.4 16v and the 1.9tdi in the elegence trim

whilst the petrol is still a good drive, less weight over the front wheels the diesel just felt ' right ' it's like a go kart for handling got plenty of kick if you need it and ours averaged over 57 mpg over its last 10000 miles mainly local village driving ( would easily do 60-65 on a decent run at motorway speed, best I had was 67.4 on the journey from N Yorks to S Bucks ) keep it under 70 at say 65 mph and it would crack 70+ mpg 

overall the car was solidly built and no major issues I'd recommend one all day long ( if the seating position was higher to suit wife's crocked knee we still have it I'm certain of that

I think you will find the Fabia 1.4 a step up from your Falicia and tbh it's a fine car good luck with you search 

( if Malta is anything like the UK you ought to get plenty of interest in your car for spares or repair rather than scrapping what may be a useful source of spares for fellow Falicia owners ? )

• Like 1