I purchased a used Octavia Mk3 1.6 TDi DSG SE L estate in October last year on a 65 plate.  It came with the outstanding amount of the warranty i.e. just under 2 years left.  Since then I have done approximately 20,000 trouble free miles so it now has just under 30,000 on the clock.  It came with partial leather trim on the seats.  Has anybody experienced any wear of the leather against the plastic frame on the door side of the seat?  Mine is split and cracking where it is rubbing against the plastic frame.  I have taken it to a dealer and got the "fair wear and tear" line and to contact the Care line at Skoda UK.  I would not expect this to happen on a car that is less that 2 years old.  For me, as an engineer it looks like a design or quality problem with either the leather used or the fact that the frame is very close to the seat when you sit on it.  I feel that this will result in a run-around with Skoda and the dealer denying any responsibility for this.

Not had that happen to the drivers seat, just the usual wear on the bolster but I am now at 105K miles; so it does sound a bit premature to me. That said the foam in the passenger seat actually split under the cloth within the first 5000 miles, and that was with minimal use; I got the 'fair wear and tear' story to which I laughed as the car was only 2 months old. I had to write to Skoda UK to get this rectified, and it took 6 months to sort.

In order to get higher and higher mpg figures manufactrers have used lighter and thinner materials and the shift from leather to pu seats. This is a problem with most of the major car manufactrers including Merc, and bmw, just read some of the letters to honest John. I know of a few people with new ish bmw with Dakota leather that's actually pu showing wear so it's not uncommen.