Carista app

1 hour ago, Skyl1n3 said:

Wifi if you have an iPhone, Bluetooth if you have an Android.

Or, Bluetooth with iPhone which frees up WiFi for other things, like printing etc!

Edit:- check first that any dongle you buy can be used via Bluetooth on an iPhone - if that is which phone you have and you want to use Bluetooth with it.

Edited by rum4mo

I was under the impression that the iPhone version of the adaptor couldn't use Bluetooth for whatever reason, didn't really matter to me as I wasn't really needing Wifi while in my car doing stuff lol.

I remember people saying that the Bluetooth adapter didn't work correctly with the iPhone but fine with the Android. Play it safe and get a WiFi dongle for the iPhone if that's what you have. 

I use this with my iPhone and carista.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Giveet-Scanner-Wireless-Interface-Scanner-OBDII-Diagnostic/dp/B074PQV4DY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504519326&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=wifi+obd2&psc=1 

I'm sure that I will be corrected if I am wrong here, but, I thing older versions/standard of Bluetooth will only work with Android phones, the newest version/standard of Bluetooth will also work with iPhone. For what it is worth, I always send Carista scan files to my home wifi printer and maybe as an email for archiving, so retaining wifi for that works for me - that is all. I was just pointing out some options if the OP planned to use it with an iphone.