Install of standard 2 DIN radio instead of Blues radio

Hi,

I was getting tired of my blues radio, so I started to look at what I could install instead.

The original units are to expensive for my taste.

I then looked at china android "will fit right in" radios, but I did´nt trust them to work or their build quality.

The pioneer unit that will fit right in is also a bit pricy I think.

So I started lookking for a Fascia kit.

Not easy to find, connects2 makes one, but it includes buttons on the sides, which I decided I don´t need, and it is a bit pricy.

The blues radio does not control alot, and the clock can still be set with the reset button.

And some of it can be controlled through VCDS.

But then I found CARAV that makes a kit with a basic frame and then a frame that fits the octavia MK3.

http://carav-parts.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=98&category_id2=653&year=2014&Itemid=58

Part no 11-462, that should fit in.

Well it looks good and fits, but I had to make my own mount with two pieces of 5mm think metal, so I would be able to bolt the basic frame to the car.

Also because I did not wan´t to cut or drill in the dash.

With the frame mounted I could install a standard double DIN radio, I bought wiring loom that goes from quadlock to iso and an antenna adapter thats goes from the two plugs in the car to a standard antenna plug.

The wiring loom I got at the store where I bought the radio, cost about 15 euro, and the antenna adaptor from CARAV, though ebay, where I also bougth the frame for the radio.

The radio I installed is a Macrom M-DL5000 with navigation included.

It was a very tight fit because of the depth of the radio, so if you do this, be sure to measure before you buy :)

There is about 150mm of depth, but remember room for the wires out the back of the radio.

I only (so far) have the original speakers in front, but what an improvement!

Much better sound.

I have attached pictures of the installation.

Thought someone else could use this.

Regards

Thomas

IMG_20170905_160940.jpg

IMG_20170905_161006.jpg