(Used) New car day - 1.2 TSI DSG SE Drive

Jimi182

Mrs and me picked up our 1.2 TSI DSG Yeti in brilliant silver this morning. It's an April 2016 reg and only had 2900 miles on it.  We had been looking at a new one but with baby number one on the way, used was better value. This will be the wife's car but I will drive it when I can. Did about 100miles of mixed motorway and town driving today and we love it. Looking forward to taking part in this forum a bit more :)

20170905_171551.jpg

• Like 3

Looks good and I see you have the City version with 16" Helix wheels so a more comfortable ride for your wife and less expensive tyres when new ones are needed - mind you with only 2,900 miles on the clock that will be some time away.

Enjoy

• Thanks 1

We had a few good offers and up on until this one, used was costing pretty much as much as new. We got an amazing deal in this one. Skoda have a good used offer going that includes two services for £139. 

Hard to beat. 

11 hours ago, Expatman said:

Looks good and I see you have the City version with 16" Helix wheels so a more comfortable ride for your wife and less expensive tyres when new ones are needed - mind you with only 2,900 miles on the clock that will be some time away.

Enjoy

They are 17" alloys 

41 minutes ago, Jimi182 said:

They are 17" alloys 

Didn't know Skoda did the Yeti with 17" Helix alloys. They just looked the same as my 16" Halix alloys in the wheelarches.

Where in Northern Ireland are you? I got mine from Abraham's in Lurgan. Noticed the sorry looking flag and reg on the Agila. With baby number 1 I assume you're significantly younger than the other Yeti drivers I see around Belfast. I'm 35 and haven't seen anyone else under 50, possibly 60 in one! Had a few nice seniors question me about it too. Let a guy sit in it. 

I love it, coming from a BMW 330ci too that I have on SORN. Different diving experience. I just cruise along happily where the BM just invites you to floor it! I also probably visit the petrol station a third of what I used to. 

Edited by anlygi

20 minutes ago, anlygi said:

Where in Northern Ireland are you? I got mine from Abraham's in Lurgan. Noticed the sorry looking flag and reg on the Agila. With baby number 1 I assume you're significantly younger than the other Yeti drivers I see around Belfast. I'm 35 and haven't seen anyone else under 50, possibly 60 in one! Had a few nice seniors question me about it too. Let a guy sit in it. 

I love it, coming from a BMW 330ci too that I have on SORN. Different diving experience. I just cruise along happily where the BM just invites you to floor it! I also probably visit the petrol station a third of what I used to. 

We are in Holywood.  Bought from Mervyn Stewart on Bourcher.  I'd never dealt with them before for sales but they were excellent from start to finish.  I'm 31 and Mrs 182 is 30.  She loves the motor.  Coming from her 2006 Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 Petrol to this is a massive difference for the better.  We had looked at Hyundai i40/Tuscon etc and Citreon Cactus C4 but for the price this was hard not to look at.

I managed to get a run in it this morning before she went to work:)  I'll still be driving my 2007 Fabia vRS for now, which I still love:)

7 hours ago, Expatman said:

Didn't know Skoda did the Yeti with 17" Helix alloys. They just looked the same as my 16" Halix alloys in the wheelarches.

They were standard fit on all City models.

23 hours ago, Jimi182 said:

We are in Holywood.  Bought from Mervyn Stewart on Bourcher.  I'd never dealt with them before for sales but they were excellent from start to finish.  I'm 31 and Mrs 182 is 30.  She loves the motor.  Coming from her 2006 Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 Petrol to this is a massive difference for the better.  We had looked at Hyundai i40/Tuscon etc and Citreon Cactus C4 but for the price this was hard not to look at.

I managed to get a run in it this morning before she went to work:)  I'll still be driving my 2007 Fabia vRS for now, which I still love:)

It's great to hear a good report about Stewart's as anything I have heard hasn't been good! I'll maybe consider them for servicing when my first comes around. I was the same with the Yeti. I was originally looking either a Kuga or a Quashqai but neither were as close in terms of price and any deals I could find close were low trim levels.