Octavia 1.6TDI CR SE FL 2010 - Change Heater Control Panel

Hi Guys,

So i was hoping i could just swap my heater control panel to the other style unit and had seen on the forums it's a simple change with a modification to one of the pins/wires so i bought the following unit and also the correct solver facia surround too.

SKODA OCTAVIA MK2 1Z 2009 - 2013 HEATER AIR CON CONTROL PANEL 3T0907044AB  

(Please see attached photo of a similar unit)

Anyway i removed mine and then found that one of the 3x connectors is completely different and some of the wires are larger as if they carry a much larger current.

(Please see the 2nd attached photo of the rear of my actual unit.)

Is it possible for me to retrofit the better control panel or shall i just put back on eBay?

Many thanks

s-l500.jpg

IMG_4276.JPG

Edited by Mutl3y_UK
remove incorrect attachment

What you've seen people do is change from a pre-FL climatronic to a FL climatronic control panel which should just be a wiring mod.

However, it looks like you're trying to change from a FL climatic to a FL climatronic control panel.

Climatic and climatronic different systems so have very different components and wiring. I think you'd need to replace various parts of the HVAC system like the flaps etc for it to work.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, langers2k said:

What you've seen people do is change from a pre-FL climatronic to a FL climatronic control panel which should just be a wiring mod.

However, it looks like you're trying to change from a FL climatic to a FL climatronic control panel.

Climatic and climatronic different systems so have very different components and wiring. I think you'd need to replace various parts of the HVAC system like the flaps etc for it to work.

ah OK, bummer, in that case it's going on eBay.

Thanks for the confirmation really appreciate it