Alarm keeps going off

Okh1985

Hi

I hope I'm posting this in the right place, apologies if not.

I bought an 03 Superb 1.9 tdi last week. The front passenger door doesn't unlock with the remote key or the unlock button inside the car. Also the front interior light doesn't work. I think this is probably the water issue mention in the pinned thread, and I'll look at getting that sorted, but the bigger issue I have is that the alarm keeps going off. I can't figure out why, could it be connected to the water issue? Having to leave it unlocked at the mo to stop it going off.

Thanks

Oliver.

Likely to be related to the water issue however :-

1. Try disabling the interior protection by pushing the button on the drivers door pillar inside the car before you lock the car
  2. Or try doing similar by locking the car by locking using the remote pushing the button twice (disables deadlocks and disables part of the alarm)

This MAY leave your car locked without the alarm going off

Edited by bigjohn

16 hours ago, bigjohn said:

Likely to be related to the water issue however :-

1. Try disabling the interior protection by pushing the button on the drivers door pillar inside the car before you lock the car
  2. Or try doing similar by locking the car by locking using the remote pushing the button twice (disables deadlocks and disables part of the alarm)

This MAY at leave your car locked without the alarm going off

Brill, I've give those a try. Having to leave it unlocked at the moment! Thanks.