Electric window not working

Jane72

I've got a problem with my passenger side window - neither driver side switch or passenger switch will open it. I did find a previous post from someone who was having the same issue and it did give me some useful pointers and I think I know what the problem is but I just don't know how to fix it.

I have opened the rubber seal between the door and the car on the driver's side and have noticed 1 of the wires is snapped. Is this likely to be the issue and how easy would it be to fix this myself?

Thanks, Jane

IMG_20170912_171646.jpg

Hi Jane, there's a good chance that is your problem. I had to bodge mine as it was around 8pm when it happened :D. I literally got a male and female spade connector and crimped them, that was a few years ago now and it's still going strong (touch wood).

Sorry for the late reply, I forgot to follow the topic.

well I considered mine a bodge and it's still going strong.

erm...

i think they were around 15amp but I'm not 100% sure.