Phone contacts not syncing

I use an xperia Z5 and a galaxy S6, both Bluetooth connected in both of my cars. In the superb, the contacts are fully imported from both phones, in the new octy vrs the xperia contacts are not syncing the phone numbers. I keep getting an error message advising no phone numbers are available with the list if contacts. Everyything else with the phone works as it should, any ideas what's going on? The contact list from the S6 is fine. 

Hi mate

It might be that the phone needs to grant permission to the BT to read the contacts.  Often this is a tick box on the phone as you pair and if you miss it, you don't get another chance.  If you haven't already, try re-pairing and keeping an eye on the phone as you do so.

Adam

41 minutes ago, adamal said:

Hi mate

It might be that the phone needs to grant permission to the BT to read the contacts.  Often this is a tick box on the phone as you pair and if you miss it, you don't get another chance.  If you haven't already, try re-pairing and keeping an eye on the phone as you do so.

Adam

Thanks, I'll try that. I've checked already that the BT settings on the phone give all of the permissions.

Look at the part number on the box under the seat. It will be xxx 035 730 x.

If its the type that allows both premium and standard connections it may be that you should try standard. Premium uses the rsap method which works fine with Samsungs but not with lots of others (iPhones for example and possibly not your Sony). If so you can select "handsfree" as the connection method in your maxidot and try that. Its under settings in the phone menu somewhere.

On 16/09/2017 at 06:49, adamal said:

Look at the part number on the box under the seat. It will be xxx 035 730 x.

If its the type that allows both premium and standard connections it may be that you should try standard. Premium uses the rsap method which works fine with Samsungs but not with lots of others (iPhones for example and possibly not your Sony). If so you can select "handsfree" as the connection method in your maxidot and try that. Its under settings in the phone menu somewhere.

I can't find any switching option in the head unit menu, and I've determined that my phone is not rsap compatible 

6 hours ago, stever750 said:

I can't find any switching option in the head unit menu, and I've determined that my phone is not rsap compatible 

Its in the maxidot menu assuming you have maxidot?

1 hour ago, adamal said:

Its in the maxidot menu assuming you have maxidot?

No idea what maxi dot is tbh. I presumed it was the display in the instrument cluster, but the menus there are even less detailed than using the head unit. 

It is that but it sounds like you dont have it. If there is a picture of the car on the screen when you open a door, you do. Given you probably dont have it, its unlikely the module is a premium one and so its probably not the rsap issue. I am a little out of ideas, maybe the particular phone is the issue.

On 18/09/2017 at 17:37, adamal said:

Sounds like you have it. There should be a phone menu in it at the top level alongside audio and MFD etc?

Not sure I do, there are no sub menus, just scrolling through numbers. 

DSC_0295.JPG

That does nothing more than take me back to the top menu, there are no phone choice features from what I can see. Must be the phone, I guess I'll have to live with it, risking being prosecuted for touching my phone screen in its cradle, whereas pressing the satnav screen is fine....