Passenger and the door behind not getting unlocked

Hello all,

I have a skoda octavia 07' 1.9 tdi. The problem I am facing is that the passenger side and the door behind does not get unlocked through central locking. Another issue is that the back side left door does not open from inside as well, technically the door is not opening from  both inside as well as outside, it's jammed. 

Antar

Press the unlock button twice, My 11 plate only opens the drivers door with one press of the remote. Another press and the whole lot unlocks. If a door won't open from the inside check the child lock, which is a little black switch on the door frame near the latch.

Won't be able to get to the child lock... he said it won't open from both sides. Also, the setting you have on yours only activates/opens the driver's door: if he had that setting on his car, he wouldn't be able to open the off side rear either but he's saying it's the two nearside doors, not all three doors.

14 hours ago, blackspaven said:

Won't be able to get to the child lock... he said it won't open from both sides. Also, the setting you have on yours only activates/opens the driver's door: if he had that setting on his car, he wouldn't be able to open the off side rear either but he's saying it's the two nearside doors, not all three doors.

Yea right. The center locking can only get the driver side door and the door behind it, also the boot but i can not access the center lock of the passenger side and the door behind. Although, I am able to unlock the passenger door from inside (from the door handle and it gets unlocked) but not the door behind. Any suggestions?

Please check the wiring between the doors, you can get at the rear door wiring by opening the front door, no harm to just squeeze the rubber trunking just to see if the wires make contact inside,, anyway unclip the rubber trunking and give all the wires a good eyeball... Your looking for fraid, worn or rough looking wires and connections.. That's where I would start first and good luck.

I have a similar problem with my 2009 Octavia The rear passenger door will not open either from inside or outside no amount of pulling the handle works. I had the door mechanism replaced twice works for a while then ceases to open. The strange thing is after leaving the car overnight the door will function correctly  for two or three days or maybe longer and then malfunction again. It seems obvious the door lock is not mechanically at fault. It is also apparent the fault was not diagnosed correctly but the car is now out of warranty. Also I have noticed the rear passenger window doesn't function at the same time as the door malfunctions.