Karoq 228bhp Derv - Why not in the Kodiaq?

oliverreed2

The Kodiaq will get the latest engines when an update is done since the new Emission / MPG testing has come in on the 1st September 2017,

sooner possibly than later.

31 minutes ago, oliverreed2 said:

So, whilst waiting for our car to be built I see they've announced the Karoq range with a 228 horsepower diesel in the lineup.

I happily go for this over the 190 in Kodiaq, anyone else?

Maybe they think the smaller car could sell as a VRS variant, but the larger more sensible family one wouldn't.

1 hour ago, oliverreed2 said:

So, whilst waiting for our car to be built I see they've announced the Karoq range with a 228 horsepower diesel in the lineup.

I happily go for this over the 190 in Kodiaq, anyone else?

Had a look on the uk price list and could not find the diesel 228 on it. Is it something that has been released through other press outlets.

• Like 1

Yes new date on the 'rehashed / updated article' but that is one of Auto Express 'Factory Insider' articles from last year, see the comment section.

They said the same recently about some other VW vehicle, 228bhp / 400 Nm and that was crap as well.

Sometimes it looks like Skoda / VW wind up their favoured fan boy Publication.

Edited by Headinawayoffski

Maybe i misread the 'Factory Insider' article on the dreams and wishes of Skoda & the coming models,. but then they do spin so much.

Maybe vrskeith posted in General Chat.

OK Read it, Autocar August 2017.

So that is Autocar the Haymarket Media publication along with What Car / Pistonhead.,

Haymarket Media have VW as a client and Haymarket Media Group are involved in VW Group Launches, so maybe they are being spun a line as well this time, 

doubt it though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haymarket_Media_Group 

Many magazines around the world re-publish Autocar articles, or use them as the source, them having so good 'Insiders'...

Now would Lord Heseltines journals ever mis-lead the public.

Skoda to launch hot Kodiaq vRS SUV next year _ Autocar.mhtml

Edited by Headinawayoffski