1.9tdi 105

James94

10 hours ago, James94 said:

1.9tdi 105bhp model bxe who's tuned them? turbo upgrades remaps etc talk to me.

Stage 1 remap
Tuned BHP140
Tuned Nm310
ARL turbo - although might pop a rod  without internal supports
PD130/150 injectors

but if you do stuff like this you got to be thinking of brake/suspension/bush upgrades

all depends on your budget upper limit without serious money 200bhp maybe - personally not a great engine to tune due to the  strength of the late 1.9 PD engines such as BXE and BLS rods through the block

4 hours ago, Gissin said:
Stage 1 remap
Tuned BHP140
Tuned Nm310
ARL turbo - although might pop a rod  without internal supports
PD130/150 injectors

but if you do stuff like this you got to be thinking of brake/suspension/bush upgrades

all depends on your budget upper limit without serious money 200bhp maybe - personally not a great engine to tune due to the  strength of the late 1.9 PD engines such as BXE and BLS rods through the block

What my plan was map mine to about 150/320nm and when the turbo goes bang slap a pd150 turbo on then uprate clutch/injectors. mine is the bxe engine but I herd it was hit and miss with them throwing rods.. i've had mine 2 years and it's never skipped a beat so if it did end up going bang I could rebuild it or buy a new motor.

15 hours ago, James94 said:

What my plan was map mine to about 150/320nm and when the turbo goes bang slap a pd150 turbo on then uprate clutch/injectors. mine is the bxe engine but I herd it was hit and miss with them throwing rods.. i've had mine 2 years and it's never skipped a beat so if it did end up going bang I could rebuild it or buy a new motor.

yeah but I assume in those 2 years you've not changed anything - it's when you start dicking about with the engine they start causing problems.

however if you're looking at a modest upgrade

I would recommend:

turbo back exhaust (Milltek?)

Remap

£800-1000 somewhere in that region I'd think

that should see the power gains you want and (shouldn't) cause any issues - personally that's where I'd leave it (engine wise)

58 minutes ago, Gissin said:

yeah but I assume in those 2 years you've not changed anything - it's when you start dicking about with the engine they start causing problems.

however if you're looking at a modest upgrade

I would recommend:

turbo back exhaust (Milltek?)

Remap

£800-1000 somewhere in that region I'd think

that should see the power gains you want and (shouldn't) cause any issues - personally that's where I'd leave it (engine wise)

Miltek won't really make any difference other than noise. I'm going to get de cat my exhaust and have a remap done. and then go from there.

10 minutes ago, James94 said:

Miltek won't really make any difference other than noise. I'm going to get de cat my exhaust and have a remap done. and then go from there.

hmm I would disagree with that, a decent turbo back exhaust system with give you a performance gain roughly somewhere like 5-8% - I wouldn't recommend a decat as that's illegal on cars registered after 1993, the alternative to this is a high flow cat.

however if you decide to go ahead with that : Pipe Ø: 2.50" (63.50mm) *  large bore downpipe is a good route to go

Edited by Gissin

21 hours ago, Gissin said:

hmm I would disagree with that, a decent turbo back exhaust system with give you a performance gain roughly somewhere like 5-8% - I wouldn't recommend a decat as that's illegal on cars registered after 1993, the alternative to this is a high flow cat.

however if you decide to go ahead with that : Pipe Ø: 2.50" (63.50mm) *  large bore downpipe is a good route to go

For the price it's just not worth it for me.