Rotate my Eagle F1 AS2's?

LordRaiden84

Hey all 

It looks as if the fronts are getting rather worn now but it isn't critical. I was hoping to get some opinions on this as I was contemplating swapping the rears to the fronts and buying 2 new rears. What's everybody's thoughts on this?

I was going to change to the AS3's but have heard they're not quite on par with the AS2's. Also, does anyone happen to know the official 'fuel rating' of the AS2's? 

I'm either getting a C rating or an E. Which of the 2 is it?

Different models/batches of same tyre? 

I found 3 different labels on my current Bridgestone at one website - Black Circles

E C 72 db
F B 72 db
C A 71 db

I think I'll buy the 3rd one since its the same price as the second and only a couple of quid more than the first!!

Regarding front back swaps, I swapped my Contis front / rear at 16000 with about 5mm left on the fronts, car still gripped really well up to 26000, tyres still easily legal at 34000 (but not grippy any more).

Didn't buy a new pair after the swap, it was fine.

Edited by camelspyyder

On a more thorough inspection it appears that may be the case. The XL version of my tyre has the rating:

C A 67 db

Whereas, others seem to show E A 70 db. It's all rather confusing tbh but so as long as I get the exact same part No, I should be ok.

It's funny you mentioned actually 'not' buying a new pair post swap. I was actually considering just running them until they are no longer legal (or near as dammit ofc). This would mean eventually getting a set of all four and hunting bargains/deals. 

Current mileage on the AS2's from fitment (April 2015) is approx 19K. 

I have a depth gauge so will check them when I'm next with the motor. I can guarantee though I am prolly a lot Less than 5 mm on the fronts that's for sure.