Kenwood Dashcam

Picked up a leaflet from my dealers offering a fully fitted Kenwood Dashcam for £210. There is no information about a model number

It has HDR not sure what that is Full HD 1920 X 1080, GPS, 1.5" LCD 27fps Parking recorder and SD card included

Can display location Google maps with a link to the web when you play video on Kenwood's drive review system.

Forward collision warning

Lane departure

Recording:-

Continuous

Manual

Event detection of collision starts event recording for 1 minute.

Unit starts when ignition is turned on.

Says it's developed in partnership with Skoda UK so presumably no warranty issues.

Is it worth thinking about since I have a great deal of scepticism re dealers offers. Joe

Could be model DRV-N520 as it works with Kenwood drive review system

Edited by JoePeddos
Possible model number

Speak to the dealer and confirm what model it is. Then check some of the dashcam forums or youtube for example footage. There's no point spending that much on a dashcam that hasn't got the clarity you need when you need it.

You can get much better systems for that money and learn to fit them yourself in an hour or two! If they give you a model number you'll also be able to see how much they're charging for the fitting and it's worth comparing to what other auto-electricians would charge.

37 minutes ago, Scuffer said:

Speak to the dealer and confirm what model it is. Then check some of the dashcam forums or youtube for example footage. There's no point spending that much on a dashcam that hasn't got the clarity you need when you need it.

Thanks for the suggestions I have a nagging feeling it could be Kenwoods entry level dashcam as the garage charges about £80 per hour and will want a cut from the cost of the unit. 

I will go into the dealers next week and let you know how I get on Joe

On 18/10/2017 at 17:15, Scuffer said:

You can get much better systems for that money and learn to fit them yourself in an hour or two! If they give you a model number you'll also be able to see how much they're charging for the fitting and it's worth comparing to what other auto-electricians would charge.

Skoda are fitting the Kenwood DRV-410 which is priced online between £150 on EBay to !80 on Amazon with only 1 review on Amazon to say at came with a hard wire cable

The dealers hard wire it into the electrics and cabling hidden in the window frame and head liner. Electrics on when driving and a live feed from the battery when in Parking mode like a sleep mode but would record if hit then go back to sleep. I was a bit worried it may drain the battery

Found this review from November 2016 http://www.stereowiseplus.com/2016/11/kenwood-dvr-410-integrated-gps-hd.html

Online Manual @ http://manual.kenwood.com/files/B5A-0959-02_b.pdf

According to the guy in the stores I spoke to my local dealer is charging £105 per hour and no one at the dealership has fitted one yet but at a guess I would say an hour to fit but first time round could be a lot longer and the price is fixed at £205

Instead of a suction cup the base its glued to the screen which should cut down on judder

Kenwood have a downloadable app which works with the SD micro card for viewing on a windows machine or Mac to view footage 

I am quite tempted but can I convince myself its a good Xmas present to me :)  Still only one bump and it could pay for itself Joe Peddos

Is that not a bit pricey?

Im very happy with my £90 Nextbase 312GW

WiFi as well so can watch it on my phone without removing SD card.

Brilliant picture and software works great on my Mac 

2 hours ago, Damo said:

Is that not a bit pricey?

Im very happy with my £90 Nextbase 312GW

WiFi as well so can watch it on my phone without removing SD card.

Brilliant picture and software works great on my Mac 

Thanks for the info is it hard wired into the car Joe

13 minutes ago, JoePeddos said:

Thanks for the info is it hard wired into the car Joe

Yes Mate.

Did it myself following the guide by The Flash

Well worth a read here:-

Easy peasy 

I used the above guide as well when fitting my Street Guardian SG9665GC and it only took me about 40 minutes to fit. Have you looked for any example videos or read the Dashcamtalk forums to see what people say about the camera/footage it records?

I'll see if I can get a photo of my set up later.