LED reversing light, problem with VCDS

95mathias

I installed LED reversing light bulbs on my 2009 Superb limousine. I found out that i could remove the light bulb warning with VCDS.

i found a video and the steps was like this: 46 - Central Conv   >   Security Access - 16   >  Security code 16017 and Do it!  >  10. Adaptation  >  Channel 181 and click read  >  change value to 62463 test and save, Done.

But on my Superb 46 - Central Conv dont work, i just got error message (No response from controller!) I then i choosed 09 - Cent Elect > Security Access - 16 > Security code 16017, but this is not working either, got error message (Controller refused to send a seed! Error 37: Required time delay not expired).

Dont know what to do.

Yes i got an autoscan, but i can't remember what it found. How can i find out if it's a pq35 based BCM? With VCDS? Is there something with different years models that do this difference? Because i have seen other doing this with 2007/08 models.

Edited by 95mathias

Cool, so from your scan:

Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519)       Labels: 1K0-937-08x-09.clb
   Part No SW: 1K0 937 087 A    HW: 1K0 937 087 A
   Component: BCM PQ35  H+  019 0358  

Definitely a PQ35 car, unfortunately, this means VCDS can't disable bulb checks on the reverse lights. You'll need VCP or ODIS.

Given the age of the BCM, it might not support LED lighting even with the configuration changed.