Enable Text Message Content and Reply

josall

I have a Samsung J5 it connects ok to my SE Drive and works fine using the phone as normal

However

I also use my phone on a Honda Jazz and when connected any Text messages received it offers to read out and then send a reply

Can this be done on my Yeti, if so how?

Possibly but you need the smartlink option which works on the sat nav standard in the drive model

It was £150 if ordered with the car, but my dealer enabled it after delivery for £136 as a special offer. Any dealer will be able to activate it.

Works if the phone is connected by cable to the usb port.

The phone works much better with this as well.

Personally though I would not consider it safe to hear and reply to text messages whilst driving, so have never used this facility and have disabled the notification that a text  has been received.  Dont really think this should be available at all.

We have a 2017MY L&K, and the std Amundsen/Satnav fitted will read any received text and allow you to "write" text by speech .... we don't have the smartlink option so don't believe it needs it. Check the truly awful Amundsen manual that comes with the car for the detail ..... then lie down in a dark room.

Yes TruckbusUK ,

confirmed will read texts aloud but need to input reply manually which is basically pointless in my opinion

as for the manual, I'll give it a miss after browsing for a short time :-(