Forman - How to check if the fuel pump is working

Hi, I have a beautiful Skoda Forman 1995 :biggrin:

I don't know anything about mechanics or cars in general. It happens that the fuel filter (see image if is not its name) is empty, so the motor is not getting gas and if I try to start the car... well, no luck. I tried putting the switch on ON a few times to see if it sucks gas but nothing. The gas tank is pretty slow (almost empty) so I don't know if maybe that level is not enough to distribute it.

Is there a way to check the fuel pump? Also, where is that fuel pump on that car?

I'm looking for a way to start the car again.

Thanks a lot!

WhatsApp Image 2017-11-01 at 3.57.02 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-11-01 at 3.59.27 PM.jpeg

1 hour ago, yaazkal said:

I don't know anything about mechanics or cars in general.

:speechless:

1 hour ago, yaazkal said:

The gas tank is pretty slow (almost empty) so I don't know if maybe that level is not enough to distribute it.

Have you tried adding more fuel in the tank using a jerrycan?

• Haha 1

One more thing. From the upper photo it looks that your engine has a carburetor and a mechanical fuel pump. Switching the ignition key to ON will never make the fuel pump suck fuel.

1 hour ago, RicardoM said:

:speechless:

So sorry, this is my first car.

I'm gonna try putting more fuel and try again, if not, maybe some kind of manual pump that "sucks" the fuel can work I guess.

45 minutes ago, RicardoM said:

One more thing. From the upper photo it looks that your engine has a carburetor and a mechanical fuel pump. Switching the ignition key to ON will never make the fuel pump suck fuel.

Got it, thanks so much!