Complete loss of power up hills

Smooth

I have a 2012 1600 Fabia Diesel estate. It runs ok, but as soon as I reach a hill (up hill) I loose all power and have to drop to first or second gear to continue moving. The engine will not do more than 2500 rpm even with my foot to the floor. I recently took it to a Skoda garage for its 53000 mile service, cam belt, alternator belt change. Although asking them not to (though they said I did not) they carried out the Skoda engine software change. I drive ok when not on a hill, although the can does not pull away with the same vigour it used to have. I don't want to get hung up on the software upgrade but it does seem to have happened at the same time. Any ideas eg bad fuel, turbo, blocked fuel line, etc.

?

Have you checked since to see if your car no longer shows that it can go in to have The Fix?

If a Dealership did The Fix they did it to be paid by Skoda / VW so would want the car showing as having been done.

http://skoda.co.uk/owners/dieselinfo/check-your-vehicle 

Have you asked the Dealer Principal in writing if their Employee did anything other than the service and maintenance work requested and paid for, 

and since your car now does not run right will they have the Master Tech diagnose what they have done wrong and resolve it under their guarantee of doing 

a good job and not having vehicles they work on running poorly.

Edited by Headinawayoffski

• 1 year later...

Take it back to the garage as they may have done something that has caused these problems. If it was fine before it went to the garage but isn't now, then they have done something wrong. Be it a software upgrade or a part they haven't installed properly, down to a pipe they may have kinked when they were doing the service.

Talking about pipes, if the vacuum pipe has been kinked the turbo won't operate properly and may be venting which would mean lack of power when you need it the most, aka uphill. Other possibilities are carbon build-up in the turbo and/or EGR. there is a video on YouTube of a guy cleaning a stiff turbo with Mr Muscle oven cleaner as it breaks down carbon deposits.

Presuming the service was by a franchised dealer if they did the ' fix ' I recall you have 2 years goodwill warranty. Another forum member hopefully will clarify.

After 3 years I've kept clear of the dealers so totally avoided the ' fix '.