Fabia Disc Pads & Wear Indicator

Hi all.

Trying to get some new pads for my Fabia (GreenLine 2 Estate) for the fronts, and can't figure out if I need ones with the built in wear indicator wiring.

Were they standard across the range? Online parts picking tools seem to offer me both parts for my car's registration. Have tried to peer though the wheel (OSF) to try and see any wiring but it isn't obvious.

Suppose I could buy with them on and chop the cables if I didn't use them.

Any ideas? Ta, Sam

Personally it doesn't matter, I bought some brembo pads that came with wear indicators and just pulled the cable out.

eurocarparts currently have 33% off (save33) online so a pair of brembo pads for the front should be £46 and are coming in at £31.15 :)

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Fabia_1.4_2012/p/car-parts/regular-service/car-service-parts/brake-pads/?10144113A&1&14dffa3a3b33a84662f3cd276f4c9fd4e90e08c4&000036

Edited by LGM

10 hours ago, hutchysrs50 said:

No mk1 Fabia came with wear indicators.

Fabia Mk2 here.

20 hours ago, JGrindel said:

I have sensor pads on the front (only one has a sensor) I dont actually have the system in the car but I just cable tied the sensor plug to the abs wire bracket. 

I think this is the best idea - Buy pads with sensor and tie it up if not needed.

On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 17:54, LGM said:

eurocarparts currently have 33% off (save33) online so a pair of brembo pads for the front should be £46 and are coming in at £31.15 :)

Considering a set of Mintex from MTEC as I'll be getting the discs from them. £29.25 inc VAT.

I use Bosch discs and pads. Nice stoppers! Euro carparts or carparts4less depending on who's online code give the better discount! Change the discs every second set is usually plenty enough.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrgf said:

I use Bosch discs and pads. Nice stoppers! Euro carparts or carparts4less depending on who's online code give the better discount! Change the discs every second set is usually plenty enough.

I have Bosch D&P and can also agree they stop nicely and the price is good on them too!! 

• 5 weeks later...