VCDS Connection Octavia Mk2 VRs Petrol

thomasj

Hello All,

I have looked on Ebay at VCDS where they offer an interface cable and a CD which presumably would install the Interface for the cable and VCDS software. Which one do i need to select please for an Octavia Mk2 06 Petrol VRs? I am assuming that I would be able to see indications as to why my Engine electric fans don't seem to be working.

Thanks in anticipation of some help,

John

If it comes with a CD then check whether it is a genuine cable or a third-party rip-off clone - genuine cables don't need a CD as the software is free to download online including free updates as long as you own the cable.

Edited by SWBoy

Cable with CD will probably work with older VW group product but not on a CANBUS Octavia.  Source - personal experience.

A few guys I know use an OBD11 (I think that's what it's called) half the price of VCDS and more functionality.