Car keeps wanting to rejoin my mobile...

Hi all,

I have a Fabia Mk3 SEL, bought May last year, and I'm having issues where every few weeks when i get in my car it asks if i want to connect to my mobile. As if its just been detected. I then have to press yes and quickly go to the relevant option on my phone to pair.

I had this issue with my old phone, an HTC M9 but assumed it was phone, but now got a Sony XZ1 and keeps happening. 

I'm inclined to think its the car as the phone is trying to connect, hence the radio asking if i want to allow it.

Has anyone had this before? Any ideas.

Kieron

Updates to your phone's operating system can mean the phone has to 'rejoin' with your car. It shouldn't happen too often but it does seem to affect some phones more than others. Often if you buy another phone it gets lots of updates and hence this can happen. I'm guessing that's all it is. 

On 11/11/2017 at 10:57, Estate Man said:

Updates to your phone's operating system can mean the phone has to 'rejoin' with your car. It shouldn't happen too often but it does seem to affect some phones more than others. Often if you buy another phone it gets lots of updates and hence this can happen. I'm guessing that's all it is. 

Bar application updates i've not done any OS updates for quite a while now. Also, my friend who bought a Fabia last year same time as me has never had this happen with his phone? and he's been updating etc throughout.

Perhaps not exactly the same issue as OP is having, but ever since I updated to iOS 11, Bolero syncs my contacts on each and every ride in my Fabia. Most of the time it syncs fine, but sometimes it says that the sync has failed. I tried unpairing and pairing my iPhone again but no help.

It's getting a bit annoying already...

Edited by jon15

• 2 weeks later...