Start-Stop with DSG does it work for you - discussion.

3 hours ago, ccosmin said:

If you do that with DSG, you will put pressure on the transmission. Not good for DSG. When you push the brake hard, will go to N automatically, as it should. Imagine the car in Drive but with the handbrake on. Same scenario.

It’s interesting that my car with electric parking brake, putting the parking brake on makes the DSG “relax”. But in a car with a manual handbrake, putting the handbrake on in D makes the DSG fight the handbrake. Seems bad design to me, I don’t know why the handbrake switch doesn’t signal the DSG to relax in the same way that it does with the electric parking brake.

• Like 1

I find my self switching stop start of every time I start up. At some point ill have it removed. It does have some used at lights on flat level roads. My dsg car does not self shift to N so is used. Even if would never pass a driving test as park brake not used. I tend to use parking brake on steep hill pull of, allowing the pull of the clutch to stop the creep back to a min. so miss my merc with its one way clutch,

After the engine stopping before the car had physically stopped and thus me loosing steering, it cutting in just as about to pull out of a junction I had no choice but to get it disabled..shame as on my previous O3 with manual it worked fine.