ordered a new Octavia vRS 230

46 minutes ago, Rsrob said:

Nice one on ordering a vRS 230 you won't regret it and getting a build date not long to wait now 

the F/L octy vRS look great in rallye green to help you with the wait some pics of my one 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Wow thanks for the that I can not wait now.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2017 at 17:40, McLaren said:

Am all ready planning my mods lol

going to get roof glossy black wrap and go for a Rieger rear diffuser glossy.

Just be careful, you'll upset the pipe and slippers brigade. Soon they will be trolling your thread prattling on about how your car is going to explode etc.. :D

• Haha 1

On 11/24/2017 at 19:11, Rsrob said:

Nice one on ordering a vRS 230 you won't regret it and getting a build date not long to wait now 

the F/L octy vRS look great in rallye green to help you with the wait some pics of my one 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

a set of lowering springs and that would pretty much be bang on for me.

20 hours ago, stever750 said:

Top colour choice, best thing us it doesn't show up all the crap. I'm doing about 1200 miles a week and gets washed weekly, nothing more and looks OK given the time of year. 

2017-11-29_08-49-42.jpg

_20170914_075011.JPG

Very nice.

Hi all,

I've also ordered a VRS TSI DSG in Rallye Green, currently waiting very impatiently for a (hopefully) February delivery. Ordered on the 18th of November, expected build is week 4 2018.

If I could find a hire company hiring TSI VRS's I think I'd be there every weekend up to delivery.

• Like 2

On 30/11/2017 at 17:15, McLaren said:

Has any one had there car done with ceramic protection? 

Am thinking of getting the car done by a car detailing.

Off to collect min this morning - will post some pictures later - 6 months old Ex-Demonstrator in Quartz Metallic Grey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gti Jazz Blue said:

Here is mine - just collected it from having the Ceramic Coat Applied. 

Rear Side Outdoors.jpg

Side Ceremaic Coat.jpg

Really, really nice!!!

Black spoiler too

How much was the ceramic coating please?

Did they correct and paint defects before?

Thanks

Edited by Tim1631

Only minor paint correction required as it is only 5 months old - the black trims required slight attention. Coating was £540 and is guaranteed for 3 years - his own car that he did over 3 1/2 years ago and the coating still works. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Welcome to the" Black Spoiler Club " Jazz Blue.

It is very nice and works well with the Quartz Grey - I've got the Black bumper top protector ready to fit as well - but the instructions say that it has to be installed in a temperature of 18 degrees or warmer - so that will have to wait until spring.

Edited by Gti Jazz Blue

19 minutes ago, Gti Jazz Blue said:

Only minor paint correction required as it is only 5 months old - the black trims required slight attention. Coating was £540 and is guaranteed for 3 years - his own car that he did over 3 1/2 years ago and the coating still works. 

Looks like its added extra depth to the paintwork, which system was it? I've been looking at Gtechniq EXO to do myself or Crystal Serum applied professionally. I bottled it on the EXO as its a tough finish to remove if you get it wrong, the Crystal Serum is even worse in that it has to be abraded to remove it if anything goes wrong during application.

This is the rundown from when he did our New Mini last week : 

We carried out the normal safe wash procedure.
Fallout remover, clayed, single stage polish with Siramik Prime.
Ceramic coated with HR followed by Ultima.
Wheels coated with HR.
Interior hoovered and coated in ICF.
Tyres dressed, tailpipes polished etc.

3 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Welcome to the" Black Spoiler Club " Jazz Blue.

Id get one on my new Meteor Grey VRS when it comes. Although it definitely wouldn’t look finished if I did. In primer with the wrong colour spoiler haha. 

**This is by no means offensive. Just having a laugh**

3 hours ago, Gti Jazz Blue said:

It is very nice and works well with the Quartz Grey - I've got the Black bumper top protector ready to fit as well - but the instructions say that it has to be installed in a temperature of 18 degrees or warmer - so that will have to wait until spring.

I've fitted the black bumper top protector, proper Skoda jobbie but theres not much double sided sticly tape so I bought a roll from Halfords an put more tape on. 

Super fastened down now, paint needs a really good clean before fitting.

2 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I've fitted the black bumper top protector, proper Skoda jobbie but theres not much double sided sticly tape so I bought a roll from Halfords an put more tape on. 

Any pictures of it fitted please 

17 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

17 hours ago, Tim1631 said:

Any pictures of it fitted please 

Excuse the dirt she needs a bath but you get the Idea. 

IMG_1472.jpg

IMG_1474.jpg

IMG_1475.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, McLaren said:

Well just been told my car is getting made this week, week 50.

What do you think this translates to in terms of collection date? First week in January?

It will be interesting to see how long it takes, mine is Status 10 unconfirmed build week 03 2018 (15th January) at the moment. Its moved forward 2 weeks recently as it was build week 05.