How does Driving Mode work on non-DCC cars?

GKE

Hi

I am new to this forum, and I've spent a lot of time researching the threads about this topic.

However, I have not yet found version that fits my angle of the topic...

I'm located in Denmark, and have the all new Octavia 1,5 TSI DSG model. The car does not have DCC nor does it have designated buttons for quick driving mode selection.

However - In the menu settings, "Car" -> "Setup" -> "ACC" there is in fact a driving mode selection. 

How does this setting work? I do not seem to feel any difference in daily drive. Is this setting only active for when in ACC mode? 

E.g. selecting "Sport" does not automatically set the DSG in "S" mode. I still have to do this manually if desired. "Eco" does not act differently than "Normal" in my opinion.

I hope someone has experienced above to and can enlighten me.

Thanks

1 minute ago, GKE said:

However - In the menu settings, "Car" -> "Setup" -> "ACC" there is in fact a driving mode selection.

That setting isn't driving mode, it's ACC mode.

It sets how aggressively (or not) ACC will accelerate and brake to maintain the distance when the vehicle(s) in front speed up or slow down.