Data connection - is it not automatic after set-up?

DaveMiller

I picked up my new Kodiaq on Friday, and the dealer set up things for my phone to connect to the infotainment system.

The bluetooth phone connection works fine, and automatically links every time I get in the car, just as I'd expect.

It's an iPhone, so data connection needs to be via the phone being used as a wifi hotspot.  That works, too - but only for the one journey.  When I start the next journey, there's no data connection until I manually go into the infotainment system and select the hotspot that is my phone.  Is this right?

Anoyingly, yes that is right.  It is the same on my superb but as I've yet to use anything useful with the online infotainment services, I'm not too fussed.

On 16/11/2017 at 06:25, DaveMiller said:

Thanks for the quick answers. That's too much like hard work!  I don't think I'l

If I put a data SIM card in the slot, will that be permanently connected?

I can now answer my own question: yes,  a data SIM in the slot does automatically connect for each journey.  At £28 for 12GB on a pre-paid card, lasting up to 12 months, it seems better than forever fiddling with the menu.

• Haha 1

I put a data sim in (same 12 month 12GB deal), it worked perfectly for a couple of weeks and now it doesn't. No clue as to why not, but Skoda Connect just shows as not available. Can't find a way of resetting the system anywhere.

Some 12GB/12month cards allow the 12GB to be spent at any time over the year.  Others divide it into "chapters", for example 1GB in each month.  If you have the latter, and have used up your first GB, it will presumably not work for the rest of your first month?  You can look, on the screen, at how much data you've used.