FARB

Everywhere is telling me not to take off the sleeves as it wears the new bushes.

So to confirm. if I do take sleeves off. are they 2mm in diameter. hence needed either 17mm or 19mm bushes. this taking away the 2mm for the sleeves?

39 minutes ago, drew_smith said:

Everywhere is telling me not to take off the sleeves as it wears the new bushes.

Where is "everywhere"? When the sleeves failed on my original FARB I had the 23mm Golf R32 FARB fitted (along with new 23mm ARB bushes). The R32 FARB doesn't have plastic sleeves. I'm sure plenty of other cars out there don't have plastic sleeves on the ARBs.

39 minutes ago, drew_smith said:

So to confirm. if I do take sleeves off. are they 2mm in diameter. hence needed either 17mm or 19mm bushes. this taking away the 2mm for the sleeves?

Sort of. The outer diameter of the sleeves is 19mm and the inner diameter is 17mm. The sleeve should be ~1mm thick.

6 hours ago, vrsTom said:

Where is "everywhere"? When the sleeves failed on my original FARB I had the 23mm Golf R32 FARB fitted (along with new 23mm ARB bushes). The R32 FARB doesn't have plastic sleeves. I'm sure plenty of other cars out there don't have plastic sleeves on the ARBs.

Sort of. The outer diameter of the sleeves is 19mm and the inner diameter is 17mm. The sleeve should be ~1mm thick.

So 17mm bushes it needs to be? firstly followed by a clean up of the FARB? correct!!!!

If you are removing the sleeves you need bush part number 1J0411314S I have had my sleeves removed on my VRS and these bushes fitted for 5 years now and there are no problems on mine, The modified roll bar that was issued later in the mk 1's life has no sleeves anymore anyway.

Hope it helps.

Edited by kentphil1