Service history and PCP Voluntary Termination

Hi all, 

I’m about to return my MKIII Fabia 1.4 TDi by way of a Voluntary Termination of the PCP agreement, but the letter I received states that I need to produce a Service Book - something that Skodas haven’t come with for a few years now.

Has anyone had any experience of this and how was the lack of service book dealt with?

I’ve been in touch with Customer Services who weren’t much help, but did manage to tell me the service dates of the car ( which I knew anyway).

This is where the whole electronic service record starts to fall to bits as Skoda have got me down as having a Service in March 2016 for the 10,000 mile service and also another service in April 2016 with exactly the same mileage as opposed to 1in 2017 at 19,800 Miles. (And I’m being asked why I’m not buying another new Skoda!)

I questioned this with Customer service and they said that was what was recorded.....

The incorrect service record worries me quite a bit, but I can’t seem to get any answers as to whether I need to produce a Service History ( surely Skoda should be aware their own cars don’t have a physical history book) and how I’m going to explain to BCA when they do the inspection that the dealership recorded the service details incorrectly.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by guineapig

Skoda UK Customer Services can just Email you the Service, Warranty & Service Campaign record on the system, and the person you spoke to should have.

A main DEalership Service Desk person can print it out, as it is a paper record could have been printed when the vehicle was serviced.

Get the Dealership that did set the Service Indicator & that serviced the vehicle to have an Employee confirm what they did, 

and get that in writing.

A headed letter from the Dealer Principal with their name, position in the Company and signed should do.

As to the cars owner getting the car back, they know exactly what happens at Skoda UK Dealerships, Service Books and Servicing.

VW Finance knows all, and just seems to ignore.

Edited by AwaoffSki
  • Like 1

Cheers! 

Not sure how far I’ll get with the dealer and details of the services as they’ve gone seriously downhill in the past year or so,  but I’m hoping that they’ll be able to read the miles left until service on the car and work backwards from there.

I had a look at the Skoda finance website and the copy of the BVLRA fair wear and tear booklet states to include ‘....service book if provided’ which I’m taking to mean just that. The booklet also states at the bottom that VW have a licence to use the booklet etc until December 2017, so I’m going to presume that ‘ no service book provided, means no need to provide one to BCA’.

Could they argue that point? After all, it didn’t come with the car, so I shouldn’t need to provide one.

Managed to get a printed list of the Service and warranty work from the dealers today - a lot easier that I thought it would be.

And  it had the correct dates and mileage on there as well - no idea what Skoda Customer Services have got stored about the car.

Skoda Finance weren’t too helpful though - didn’t understand the concept of the car not having a service book initially ( well, for the first 15 minutes of the call) and then told me not to worry about the letter stating that a lack of service book would,be charged at £400

Was promised an email stating that I won’t need a Service Book or printout of the Service History, but 11 hours later and I still haven’t received one - mind, the customer service advisor was very reluctant to commit what he was saying in writing......didn’t inspire any confidence me.

Shame it’s come to this - having to return the car as it’s regenerating the DPF every 120-150 Miles ( it does 55 Miles a day on average) and it becomes a pig to drive when it’s regenerating ( they all do that sir - even the surging), the water pump issue ( wasn’t aware of the issue until I read it on here) that they’d ‘never seen’ before, the rattling passenger door and the non working lock ( took me a while to find that one), failed door seals (still waiting for a call to get them replaced), creaking dashboard and the clunking suspension that no one can find the fault with.

I'm guessing that it was a Friday afternoon car - all of my other Skodas have been fine. :-(

Anyone had any experience of the BCA inspection? What should I expect? 

I voluntary terminated my Polo SE TDi because it was a heap of junk and I left it with the dealer that I purchased my Octavia from. I just left it at the dealers with  all the relevant paperwork, a bit of diesel in the tank, tyres were almost worn out but legal and ran through car wash before I got to the dealers.

And I had no problems or phone calls from BCA. Most disappointing car I have ever owned.