SMARTLINK activation problem

Hi there, 

I have a MY2018 Fabia 1.0 TSI with Standard radio (Gen2) Bolero. The infotainment system came from the factory without activated SMARTLINK. My dealer ordered the activation codes for free. 

And two factory services where not able tu activate it. They said that SMARTLINK is not turning on and are waiting for the instruction from Skoda. After pressing the SMARTLINK logo in menu "Starting Smartlink" shows up. And nothing happens. 

This is a new infotainment system:

5F Elektronika układów informacyjnych 

Opis sytemu: MU-S--ER     
    Numer oprogramowania: 5Q0035819C 
    Wersja oprogramowania: 0468
    Numer sterownika: 5Q0035819C 
    Wersja sterownika: H41
    Numer seryjny: SKZAZ2T5389572
    Nazwa ODX: EV_MUStd4CTSAT
    Wersja ODX: 001022
    Długie kodowanie: 03620000BE0000001111000400080A002F0108C40120010001

Podsystemy: 
        Opis sytemu: ABTm_Std2    
        Wersja oprogramowania: 1041
        Wersja sterownika: H42
        Numer seryjny: SKZ8Z9TLX026F0      

Kody błędów: 
        Brak błędów
5Q0035819C is the code that I have never seen. There is no part with C in ETKA. 

Besides I don't have any main unit in the glove box. Only one SD port on the left wall. 

Skoda Service tried to activate SMARTLINK using above mentioned 3 activation codes.

Is it a normal issue? How, not activated SMARTLINK should behave?

Is it normal for MY2018 models? 

Where is the main unit? Maybe behind the screen?

Best wishes, 

Chris

1.jpg

Edited by Wacholek

All UK market Fabias except the S have come with full SmartLink since it was introduced, so I doubt many on here will have much experience with that initial setup. However, it's normal for there to be just the SD slot in the glovebox- it seems like the Fabia systems are hidden on the side not as a single-DIN unit in the glove box like in other Skoda/VW products.

29 minutes ago, vc-10 said:

All UK market Fabias except the S have come with full SmartLink since it was introduced.

Interesting. In Poland non of the Fabias, besides Amundsen, have SMARTLINK activated by factory. SMARTLINK is an extra option for about £100.

So, either my radio is malfunctioning or there where some changes in the radio itself and the old procedures are not effective.  

Edited by Wacholek

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, rguima said:

Hello. In my radio there is no Smartlink option and in Skoda they say that they can not even activate. Are there alternatives?

What is Your radio central unit version? 5Q0.....

Unfortunately  there is no way to activate SmartLnk in this radio. Simply Central unit does not have the parts inside. The only way is to exchange to the different unit like 5Q0035840B. 

Unfortunately the costs are quite high. Look for the proce for retrofit Amundsen or Columbus in octavia. Maybe a little bit more expensive.  

1 minute ago, Wacholek said:

Unfortunately  there is no way to activate SmartLnk in this radio. Simply Central unit does not have the parts inside. The only way is to exchange to the different unit like 5Q0035840B. 

Unfortunately the costs are quite high. Look for the proce for retrofit Amundsen or Columbus in octavia. Maybe a little bit more expensive.  

But mine is Fabia from 2016, not Octavia...
Is there any alternative, even if it is not "original"?

It doesn't matter. Those are the same modules and the price is the same. The only difference will be the car picture in Car Data menu. 

There are non oryginalna radios available but the proce will be the same even higher. 

Edited by Wacholek

5 minutes ago, Wacholek said:

Não importa. Esses são os mesmos módulos e o preço é o mesmo. A única diferença será a imagem do carro no menu Car Data. 

Existem rádios não oryginalna disponíveis, mas o procedimento será o mesmo ainda maior. 

But mine does note have rounded corners..

• 4 months later...

Hello,

Anybody knows if smartlink can  be activated/installed in Bolero 5Q0035819C?

In system information it says , among others, 'Smartlink: 4101.438.1.5' but there is no smartlink icon anywhere in the menu.

Maybe it is installed but needs activation?

• 5 years later...