Hello and thanks!

Tardis

Hello all! I thought I better sign up after using this forums resources to find my next car, with a view to giving back as much as I can take away.

I'm from Bristol and yesterday been up to Mansfield to look at an Octavia vRS. The wife drove us up as I figured she would be my voice of reason instead of me just rushing in and buying the first one I saw :D My head pulled me one way, after the test drive my heart pulled me another, and after a couple of hour's deliberation with SWMBO we drove off home and away to think on it.

This afternoon I gave the dealership a call and gave them the nod - I've now got a week's waiting before I pick her up :blink:

Hopefully you'll see me around here a bit - the wife has a Fabia, so I always have an excuse to be browsing this place!

Tardis.

• Like 1

On 11 December 2017 at 22:33, JED said:

Hello Tardis welcome along to the Skoda forum enjoy your new motor remember to get some sleep.;)

Thanks Jed! Still have a couple of days to go before I sit inside it again, I'm like an excited kid waiting for Christmas morning. Wel, it is basically a Christmas present to myself!

On 12 December 2017 at 13:21, Superb170 said:

Welcome along!  Glad your wife didn't try talk you out of the vRS! 

The wife, for all intents and purposes, basically talked me into it! She knows how much I like the vRS and laid out the facts in front of me. I'll give it a few years before she starts talking me out of things :D

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tardis said:

The wife, for all intents and purposes, basically talked me into it! She knows how much I like the vRS and laid out the facts in front of me. I'll give it a few years before she starts talking me out of things :D

You need to hold on to her then!!   I wish I could get mine to do that :) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tardis said:

Yes it was Rainworth. Educated guess or of the area? :)

No,  I'm up in Harrogate, our last 4 Skoda's are all from Rainworths. My local dealer Lookers arn't Intrested in selling cars with a bit of a deal.  They are not really intrested in giving discounts or looking after previous buyers ( Like Me )

I deal with Jack Atherton ( The Bosses Son ) at Rainworths all done over the phone, I tell him what I'm Intrested in and he sorts it.

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

9 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

No,  I'm up in Harrogate, our last 4 Skoda's are all from Rainworths. My local dealer Lookers arn't Intrested in selling cars with a bit of a deal.  They are not really intrested in giving discounts or looking after previous buyers ( Like Me )

I deal with Jack Atherton ( The Bosses Son ) at Rainworths all done over the phone, I tell him what I'm Intrested in and he sorts it.

Theres thing worse than a dealership that isn't willing to go the extra mile to secure a deal or ongoing customer loyalty.

As soon as the wife and I turned up they asked how our journey up was, offered tea, coffee and mince pies and didn't rush us one bit. It was quite refreshing! Kevin has been my contact there,and has been pretty good. Just hoping they can pull up the service history for the car from their systems as there isn't any stamps/notes in the book - I have been told that he will get it sorted. Will see on the weekend :)

7 hours ago, HarleQuinn said:

Welcome to the forum. They do say the VRS is bigger on the inside than the outside!

Thanks HarleQuinn! It is stupidly spacious inside, and the wife loves it for how big the boot is. Being a Dr Who fan, and the fact it's blue, I don't normally name my cars but Tardis seemed suiting.

• Haha 1