Fabia VRS - Engine turns over but won't start

Crocket

Hello,

Looking for a cheap runaround and love of my previous MK1 VRS has lead me to find a MKII VRS.

I've seen a 2010 Fabia VRS the 1.4TSI which turns over but won't start.

Could this be a totally knackered engine which has been starved of oil or could it be something more simple? It can't be the battery as it'll have been jump started without success.

It's a trade sale, I'll have a month to fix it before I need it. If it's something like a crank sensor then I could change it myself with VCDS.... but if it's an engine failure then it's beyond my scope to fix.

Thank you for help - much appreciated.

Jump leads are not always enough.  A fully charged battery on can be needed.

Walk away, unless you have the gear and more than an idea, because even fully trained Technicians can fail to get them running.

& if a Trade Sale that someone in the trade can not get started as a 'runner' in need of repair.

Put up the registration number just incase it is one a member punted because it was gubbed, 

there was a RED 10 plate like that, one of the first vRS in the UK, and which is featured in road test videos.

It has been on an original plate, a personal plate and maybe on a new number plate.

This one,.

Edited by AwaoffSki

Engine management light on at MOT 2016 just advisory, that was possibly in limp mode, but not always.

then Feb MOT this year 15,000 miles on a pass.

So at this mileage a Water Pump / Supercharger magnetic cluch required.  Allow £400-£600 for that and 2 belts.

Spark Plugs, £40.  

Then what ever it needs, so the fault codes need checking, clearing,  car starting, repairing etc.

?

How much is it selling for.   A runner is only around £4,500.

I would walk.

As already posted a trader would fix it if viable to get a better return.

At best they have no confidence that a fix would last beyond the warranty period so are cutting their losses.

• Like 1