Any issues, Skoda Fabia VRS 2014 (64) CTHE

Dear All Fabia 2014 VRS Owners

I recently purchased a Fabia VRS 2014 (64). CTHE Engine model.

Within half an hour of driving off the forecourt  EPC & Tyre Pressure lights came on. Took it Straight back.

Problem was intermittent when presented to the salesman. I left it there for it to be fixed. Report from  head after sales manger -  “There was a sporadic fault logged with the throttle pedal, we have replaced both throttle positioning sensors so that this fault should not return,”

I would be greatfull to know what faults have other 2014 Fabia VRS CTHE owners experienced and how were they resolved?

Edited by IndianInFabiaVRS
Spelling errors

Welcome.

Do you have a good valid warranty on the car after you collect it,

and was this a VW Group Main Dealership diagnosing fault and doing the repair.

TPMS easily can be the Tyre Pressures and not set, TPMS not set etc, 

or a bigger issue.

Could be as they said, could be ECU plug, could be whatever.

EPC light similar.

So what miles has the car done?

What Servicing is done, Spark Plugs replaced, Brake Fluid Changed?

Was a DSG Service Campaign carried out if outstanding.

'34H5'  a Software update on some DSG 2013-2015.

Good. 

So servicing done to schedule. so just check Brake Fluid changed at 3 years because extra cost.

Spark Plugs Service Schedule is at 40,000 miles, some do it at Major Service so 4 years.

I would suggest getting replaced now at the miles the car has done.

& be sure the DSG Service Campaign field action was done, or checked if needing done.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/12/2017 at 21:58, AwaoffSki said:

Why would you want to?

Just use Super Unleaded @ 99 ron, and if you can not use 97 ron, and do not put in 95 ron?

Use good oil, warm the engine before spirited driving.

maybe go to 5w 40 FS VW502 00 & fixed servicing and not Long Life 5w 30 Full Synthetic.

I'm also looking at buying a Fabia Vrs from Sinclair Swansea, same year and mileages, thanks for all the great advice AwaoffSki.

On 26/12/2017 at 15:51, IndianInFabiaVRS said:

Thanks for your reply.

done 24.3k, 12 months Skoda warranty. From Sinclair Skoda. Repair also done by them.

Don’t have service info at hand. Will provide when available.

Hi, what colour did you get? I looked at a racing blue one last week with them.

Hi

P reg? Is that what you saw?

http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=606478803#

I got full refund. i did not want to take the risk. but hey at least it’s now a grand cheaper than when I bought it. Get more off it. Ask them for £7500.

They have got rid of this shape, all of the before 2015 models are no longer available through the official Skoda used car section website . So these guys will be desperate to get clear of this one too.

Have look at attachment.

Just to bring this to everyone’s attention in case they have not seen this 

and it’s pretty much the same on HonestJohn.co.uk as it is here.

Its a fun little car to put it mildly. This model has nice features fitted to too.

let me know how you get on?

PE64ECX.pdf

• Like 2

Thanks for getting back to me, spoke with the dealer after seeing it and, they did mention that it had come back on refund etc.

Shame I don't work out for you.

I've been looking at them for a while now, and done everything I can to reduce the risk. Late model, engine type, 

Will probably not go for it, 

As I have a Superb which runs fine. So why risk it like you said.really shame tho.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by owilliams1
Said I was buying when not.
  • Like 1

Did this car have Service Campaign '34H5' done on the DSG.

Ask the records to be checked and get them to print off.

So the Service & Warranty record, and if there was a new MCU required on this car.

IndianInFabiaVRS, 

Did you get that info as well as the stuff you were told about the pedal sensor?

Hi,

I'm not sure I did not pursue it further, as I've made a decision to keep my Superb, work demands have changed since I looked at it and, 20k miles a year in a Fabia maybe not the best.

Shame as it drove very nice,. dSG seemed fine, but that's without looking at the details.

Thank you for your input really appreciate it.

Oliver 

The cars are fantastic, you just need a valid Skoda Warranty, and one that Skoda will honour.

The latest 2014 cars registered up to 2015 should be the ones you can most trust, 

sadly 2 members here with 2015 registered Mk2 Fabia vRS or someone in their family have had DSG MCU's fail.

Then there is the Timing Chain issue, or the no timing chain issue, depending on who at Skoda UK or Dealerships you talk to.

Odd there are No Known Issues, until you have an issue then seemingly,

'They all do that'   Or Warranty void because of 'Known Issues'.

• Like 2

I had the old Mark 1 and loved it, would love to be able to trust this one, just can't take the risk. Did my research thought it would be ok, but just not worth it for my circumstances.

Used this dealer for my Superb and they are great, so no issue with them I want to make sure that's known.

Just not for me sadly.....

• Like 1

Is asked about any warranty fixes to DSg, engine etc, not forthcoming, and info on service campaign. Again not forthcoming.

I don't push the matter as I wasn't sure if I want to proceed.  Gentlemen I dealt with wasn't keen on the car for me, he.aold me my Superb and was worried may not have been right fit for my needs. Think he was right. Save some more pennies and wait for the right Octavia me thinks.