Trickle Charger

Chunk11

It was on bike when i got it and it appears to work ok and i have breakdown cover so i just left it on it,

Its not declared on insurance so could remove it, but ill check manual first see if i can find a service mode,

Its not usually a problem as i have said chager at home but bikes at my parents at moment away from any plug sockets

• 2 weeks later...

I have an optimate too. It’s a canbus version and plugs into the 12v power point on the side of the bike. It checks the state of the battery and conditions and reachages then keeps it on pulse to keep the battery in the best condition. You can fit a lead directly to the battery with a connection to unplug so you don’t have to mess around fitting it to the terminals all the time but BMWs have a 12v mini plug that you can use too. 

• 7 months later...